Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Midweek reflections.

So I am starting not to care about the presidential election. I think my newfound apathy is a self-defense mechanism, however, because deep down I'm really just bitterly disappointed about the whole quagmire. I don't like any of the major contenders AT ALL. Ultimately, I will console myself by going to the polls and writing in Ron Paul's name, because if you don't vote you can't complain, and let's face it - I am definitely going to complain during the next four years. But really, once the primaries are over, and Ron's officially out of the race, I am left cold and alone without a favorite to get behind. It's so much more fun when you have a person to root for and a t-shirt to buy. Oh well. Revolution.

On a lighter and more playful note, with all the attention I've been giving Maddie on the blog lately, I thought I'd show Sugs some love and post a pic we took of her this past weekend! For those of you who don't know Sugarbear, she is the snuggliest, fluffiest, softest dog EVER and she loooooves to cuddle. She also likes to use her paws like hands, which is funny. She paws at things like she thinks she can grab hold. I think I may get her into the agility stuff if all goes well with Maddie. She's kind of clumsy and scared of everything, though, so that might be a challenge. Maybe modeling classes? Whoa Nelly - I need to get a life


5 comments:

meg said...

Where do you find this stuff? Not that I could put that my crazed animal in any classes, but seriously?! Is Florida just dripping with every activity under the sun? Maybe its just that Ann taught you how to find those things?

I never knew you took speed reading...but i should have guessed.

Mom2 said...

Well, I finally reset my password so I can participate in the blogging experience.

I am so glad Maddie has an "occupation" that will keep her busy! She loves a job to do. I wonder how Sable and MM would do? Is Sable is too old and MM too young? Guess we need to get through Best Paw Forward first. Speaking of BPF, MM is doing better each week. She is now 35 pounds and almost as tall as Sable (we have another few months of growth to go).

Betsy said...

There are many many things to do in Florida, Meg. In fact, you should move here!!!

Mom2 - so glad you are blogging with us! I think Sable would love the agility stuff. She is definitely not too old. Maybe we will bring some equipment down and we can try it out with her!

nikki webb said...

don't worry, meg, bets did not have to take the speed reading courses. That jewel was for her older sister.

Mom2 said...

Bring on the equipment! Sounds like fun.

On a political note, I am enjoying seeing Hilary getting slapped around by the press, et. al. She can really dish it out but can't seem to take it. Very disappointed overall with all candidates and am losing faith in our process. Who to vote for?