Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Super T reflections

Awww, Super T was one of my fave local bands in college. Mems...blog post for another time. In this situation I refer to Super Tuesday of course! Well Super Tuesday is over and things are clearing up for the Republicans. Ron Paul came on strong, walking away with 9 whole delegates! Go baby go!
(Cabbage patch!)

In other news, it looks as though the McCain-iacs have beaten out the Smitten Mittens for now. It’s too bad because I much prefer Mitt Romney (hubba hubba) to McCain but I guess I’ll fall in line for the good of the party. Interestingly, I can’t say the same for many of my comrades in the conservative movement. A startling number of them abhor McCain to the point where they are either going to vote Democrat (rationale: McCain is as liberal as Hillarack Clintama so might as well let the Democrats take the heat for ruining the country) or abstain from voting altogether. Ann Coulter (who, despite what you may think of her, is hilarious) has said that if McCain is our nominee, she will get out and actually campaign for Hilla-beans! I say we write-in Ron Paul before we go to these extremes but whatev.


My own mother will be in quite the quandary. Eight years ago she saw McCain be mean to Maria Shriver on the news (back when Maria was a journalist) and hasn’t quite been the same since. She believes she got a glimpse into his soul that day and didn’t like the view. It will be interesting to see what she’ll do. Mom, Arnold forgave him - can you?

Anyway, I will be staying abreast of the situation and offering my thoughts periodically. Elections are so fun. Ta for now!






3 comments:

meg said...

Bets, but can she forgive him for being a bully to Chelsea when she was in her awkward stage at 13? I mean, what grown Senator calls a little girl 'ugly' to a room full of adults just for a laugh? It was a low blow...

Betsy said...

Meg, I did not know this happened, so I googled it and yes he did make this joke when poor Chels was only 13. So sad. What a jerk. He apologized, but still. Judgment issues? Who thinks that is ok? He also cheated on his first wife. Makes me sad that he's our guy. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

McCain has a dark soul and despite what your Dad says, Betsy, (War hero, fighter pilot, knows how to lead etc.) I am still not over my intuitive dislike of the man...might just have to sit this one out...Mom (Luv your blog!)