Friday, February 1, 2008

Friday - again!

I am sooooo ready for the weekend. This has been such a busy week! I had to drive to Georgia three times this week for work and of course when you're out of the office the emails and papers and everything else pile up to frightening proportions.

So Maddie is DEF getting a trim this weekend. Girlfriend's facial fur is out of control. I mean mustache, beard, AND eyebrows. When I first got Maddie at the pound, her mustache and beard were so long she looked like a little Tom Selleck lovin' billy goat. Her eyebrows were so long they looked like 1980s Prom bangs. She was so scruffy because no one cared enough to take care of her. I started trimming her that day and never looked back.

My dad thinks we should let her eyebrows, mustache and beard grow with reckless abandon, because it is natural for terriers, and all that fur has grown there for adaptive reasons and blah blah blah. I could do that, but then everyone thinks she is a little male dog and I think that hurts her feelings. It's also a functional thing, because the furrier she gets, the more efficiently her snout holds dirt.

We would have trimmed her two weeks ago, but Gavin insisted that the fur shrapnel might get in her little incision where she had stitches. Riiiiight. A convenient excuse, I thought. He is he one who trims her (apparently I "don't do it right") and it's not his (or her) favorite activity.
Below is a pic of the fur that I snapped as I was leaving for work one day - you can tell they wanted me to take a personal day. Awww.






2 comments:

Amy said...

sup cuz! I found your blog from Nikki's. I went back and read all the posts to catch up. It was a nice break from watching Strawberry Shortcake "The Best Pets Yet" which I have seen approx 16 times. Reminds me of a wknd when you Nikki and I watched Ferris Bueller 12 times.
Holla! - Amy (bedrested.blogspot.com)

nikki webb said...

so you don't trim the fur correctly????? Trimming the fur is Gavin's job????? There are so many filthy avenues to go down here I am getting lost in my own dirty mind. Help me, Ria!