Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Seize the Pedicure

So I have a friend who is turning 40! She shall remain nameless to protect her innocence, as most folks do on this blog, but we'll call her "Schmana." To celebrate this momentous occasion, I and two other friends, "Schmary" and "Schmictoria," took Schmana out for lunch and a pedicure! We all felt a little tiny bit guilty about engaging in such tomfoolery in the middle of the school day, but life is short, and our paws needed pampering, so off we went with mimosa ingredients and reckless abandon. It was a fun time and I'm fond of these folks.

Schmana and Schmictoria are very smart, compassionate, and well-educated people. They are also unapologetically liberal, so I enjoyed shooting down their communist (albeit well-intentioned) political offerings with my unfailing common sense over lunch. What's new. I also explained why Ron Paul is my ideological soulmate and is right about everything. I wish more people got this. Maybe I'm just explaining it wrong. Who wants to buy me this shirt?








3 comments:

nikki webb said...

I'll buy it for ya. I bet they are going pretty cheap these days...

Betsy said...

Ouch! Still got to get the ideas out - Revolution!

Anonymous said...

I will get it for you at the same time I buy my children's "My Mama is for Obama" t-shirts. Or maybe when I get my daughter's "This is What a Feminist Looks Like" T to show off in her preschool class.

Your liberal friend,
Schmana