Monday, May 18, 2009

Random thoughts and life updates.

So I was at the gym the other day and of course my gym-esis Stinky was there because she’s always there when I’m there. (For more information about Stinks, please see here or here). But here’s the big news. As I was about to leave, I spotted her emerging from the locker room having obviously just taken a shower. I was frightened and confused by this sudden paradigm shift. I totally thought she didn’t do that. Ok, so this means we can rule out non-bathing as the problem and focus on the incorrect use or outright abhorrence of traditional deodorant. A breakthrough.

Also, thanks everyone for all the sweet comments about the Burglet and the expanding fam-damily. I think it’s going to be hilarious. Gavin and I are both the youngest in our families and haven’t spent much time around babies AT ALL so it is like the blind leading the blind over here. We are both completely clueless. Yesterday we decided we want one of those baby carrier things that you put the baby in and strap to the front of your torso, so we were looking online and found a few. The ones we found were good up to 25 lbs. We kind of looked at each other like, when does a baby typically hit 25 lbs? 3 months? a year? 2 years? We really had no idea. We’re def taking classes.

Also, check out the picture below.

Yes, classic bear-havior. A few months back I did a post about black bear fun facts. Clearly I painted a far too rosy picture of the species and should add a #7 to the list to state “Black bears say they’re going outside to rake the leaves and then pass out on a hammock as soon as you turn around” to the list. You know, I’d like to swing on a nice comfortable hammock in a woodsy back yard but I have responsibilities, Black Bear. Unbelievable.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new baby! Very exciting!!

Wish I could help you with the weight question, but ... Azalea barely weighs 25 pounds and she is almost three. Hank is almost 25 pounds and he is only 8 months old.

To make you feel better ... You canNOT know less about babies than Devin and I. We actually paged the nurse the first time Azalea cried. The nurse came in and we were like, um, she is crying. The nurse just stared back like ... "Yeah, they do that. Deal with it."

Love your blog and look forward to reading about your pregnancy!

Unknown said...

What's a "baby"?

nikki webb said...

hahahaha! love the bear.

to answer your question you will typically use one of the baby bjorn things for the first year, IF your baby likes it. Ella is just over 25 pounds now that she's 3 but is far too long for one of those things. Joseph (chubs) used his for about the first 6 months. Then it was breaking my back.

Maria said...

A topic with witch you will become quite familiar is "Baby Contraptions, Toys and Furniture I Paid a Fortune For but my Kid Hates." It is almost as if there is a directly proportional relationship between how much you pay and how much the said child hates it. Maybe your luck will be better than mine. I will say invest in a GREAT stroller - since you are active Burgii I can say with confidence that you will get your money's worth. Or better yet, get one of the grandparents to get the stroller for you.