Sunday, May 3, 2009

Cute things.

I really love things that are cute. Sometimes I love them so much that I lash out at them. It's a reflex when I can't have the cute thing that I admire. I'm working on it. Anyway, I've thought about it, and I've distilled a list of characteristics that make animals cute to me. Here is a list of my favorite cutes.

1. Animals whose ears go straight back against their heads.


2. Animals who use their paws as hands (monkeys don't count because they are expected to use their hands. It has to be a situation where the use of forepaws as hands comes as a delightful surprise).

heyyyyy

oh hello there. salutations

arrrrr is for rodent.


"well, I met her on probation at McDonald's..."

3. Animals with prominent snouts, snouts with personality, or snouts with distinguishing features.


4. Animals who look like they're smiling.



5. Animals dressed as people. Clearly, I'm a big fan of anthropomorphism.

So clearly I don't have any particularly deep thoughts or big news to share with you today. I joined twitter, so that was fun. http://twitter.com/betsburgess. Other than that, I'm just hanging out and doing laundry. I hope everyone's enjoying the weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this entry. It is near and dear to my heart as I'm constantly translating human cuteness into animal likeness!!! How about animals with big eyes? Examples could include Pugs or SEALS to name a few! ;)

Mom2 said...

So creative! Love to read your blogs in the afternoon.