Monday, December 15, 2008

Completely random thoughts

I'm going to be all over the place with this post.

1) First things first: my third round of rabies shots is Wednesday, thanks everyone for your support. Still no symptoms, so I daresay I did not CATch rabies, at least not this this go-round. My dogs have been clingier lately, like they sense we have more in common these days. I can also confirm that I have no supercatpowers. That dream is officially over. Probably for the best, as it would be annoying to be allergic to myself.

2) Auburn made a head-scratching decision for coach, but he's cute and fiery and I'm getting behind him. Nothing else to do. I've agonized over the firesignation of Tommy Tuberville enough and it's time to move on. Go get 'em Mean Gene!

3) With all the cat murder and rabies scare drama going on, I failed to blog about my one-year bloggiversary. It was last Wednesday! Shout-out to all my muses, including but not limited to: Taco, Stinky, Maddie and Sugs, my crazy college friends, my family members, and of course, my sweet chinchilla Gavin.

I've blogged 128 times over a year, so that's about one post every 2.8 days. I'm proud of myself for staying with it. A lot of bloggers bail by now. I look at it as a nice little hobby. Looking back over the past year, so much has happened on this blog: Maddie's snout tumor, agility class pupdates, brilliant political analysis, my obsession with Taco, trips, weddings, catricide... I've compiled a list of some highlights.

Young, eager med student, at your cervix.
Springsteen and Streisand
Posts about Taco and my obsession with him
I could bearly believe it
Team Vegas

Chicago Review
Posts about Stinky
Posts about Maddie's agility classes

Anyway, lots going on this week: book club meeting, Gavin's office Christmas party, and hopefully some weekend relaxation is just around the corner. Ta for now, be seeing you.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am hoping to do something spectacular and be a singular subject of a post this year. Whether or not this happens depends on how low your blog standards go.......so we'll see! Thanks for a year of entertainment!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Also I'm not buying the "no cat powers" thing. Everyone knows that when one acquires superpowers it must be a closely guarded secret. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

Bets...have you checked your readership clusters...doing pretty well in the U.K. and you even have one reader in Mongolia???!! So sorry you are suffering through the rabies shots...agree with you on Chizik altho the media has been brutal...he's not as photogenic as Tommy either...Sthrn Sports Tonight is calling him ChiZook after Foley's Folly...miss you so much...specially now...love to the chinchilla and furballs...nonnimus

Sherry Tomberlin said...

Happy belated bloggiversary! I love reading your blog and keeping up with your crazy life. Merry Christmas!

Kristin said...

My wedding wasn't a blog highlight? Hmmm...well....hmmm...interesting...hmmmm