Thursday, December 4, 2008

Team Vegas

Well, since I don’t have enough going on, and I really don't feel like I do enough traveling, a few of my peeps and I have decided to cast caution to the wind and go to Las Vegas!


We are heading out there in February and I am pumped. We are going to see Elton John at Caesar’s Palace and otherwise just engage in various forms of tomfoolery, diablerie, high jinx, roguery, balderdash, nonsense, piffle… whatever comes our way.


Meet the team!

Me
Age: 29
Occupation: Attorney
Interests: Auburn football, books, internet, husband, beer, NY, dogs.
Activities: Schadenfreude, being sarcastic, whatever, you people know this.



Meg:
Age: 29
Occupation: Regional property manager
Interests: Auburn football, the proper care, feeding, and fashion trends of Dachshunds, pop culture literature, Netflix, Showtime programming, margaritas, decks and/or porches.
Activities: Blogging, reading, movie viewing, margarita consumption, avoiding pickles, cantaloupe, and grapefruit.



April:
Age: 27
Occupation: Psychologist
Interests: Auburn football, psychology, the art of sleeping comfortably, cable, beer, wine, communism.
Activities: Shopping, avoiding other people’s pets, acrimonious political debate, tripping over things, being hilarious.



Leah:
Age: 28 (but soooo close to being 29)
Occupation: Attorney
Interests: Auburn football, German engineering, beer, red wine, stuffed horses, Europe stuff.
Activities: People watching, beer/wine consumption, gardening, blog stalking, general smart-person stuff, being sophisticated and cultural.

You might note some glaring holes in the roster (Kristin, Lindsey, Holly, Sudan, Katherine, Katie). Indeed, we are in the process of recruiting more team members. However, in the meantime, I leave you with the words of Gene Hackman from one of my all time favorite movies, Hoosiers (with some adjustments as appropriate):

“I would hope you’d support who we are, not who we are not. These six (four) individuals have made the choice to work (party), the choice to sacrifice (buy plane tickets), to put themselves on the line twenty three nights (three nights) for the next four months (in the next two months) to represent you, this high school (themselves, for fun). This is your team.”

Amen.

9 comments:

meg said...

Goooooo Team!

Ashley Turnbull said...

This was laugh out loud. Loved it and love y'all for taking trips. My little group (and you know who they are) won't do anything - ever! Makes me ssooooooo sad. I will live vicariously thru you guys.

Unknown said...

hilarious. I guess Stinky is not invited?

nikki webb said...

Looks like you've got yourself a good team there, Coach. i'm a little disgruntled that mom and I did not receive this type of blog-attention about our NY trip. Oh well. Where will you party-girls be staying? Allow me to recommend that you NOT stay at the Hilton on the strip (aka the Star Trek Convention/Barry Manilow headquarters)...terrible.

Betsy said...

Nik, how did you miss the entire blog dedicated to that trip?

I would tell you where we're staying but I don't want to tip off the paparazzi. You know how it is.

E. Peterman said...

You must go see the Cirque du Soleil "Love" show. Trust me; it's amazing!

Ashley said...

Sounds like a blast!!! I've been trying to get Jeremy back to Vegas since his cousin's wedding. One day.....

Betsy said...

Not to worry, Ash - if Jer doesn't want to go, you can always arrange a trip with your girlfriends!

Anonymous said...

Wow! How I love engaging in tomfoolery and piffle.