Monday, November 24, 2008

More fun stuff.

So back to the wedding reception. This fun thing happened while I was there. See if you can picture it, ok? So I'm rustling over to the bathroom and I run into my friends Leah, Katie, and Katherine. Here's how that conversation went:

Me: Hey girls!
L, K, and K: Hey! What up!
Me: Just making a pit stop. Oh, by the way, I'm smacking asses and high fiving tonight, just thought I'd let you know. I just victimized Holly's mom so apparently no one is safe. Heads up.
Leah: Thanks.
Katherine: Ask Bets!
Me: Talk to me.
Leah: There's a big stuffed horse here and I want a picture with it and the museum guy won't let us back there. We thought maybe you could talk him into it.
Me: (not finding this odd in the least) Ladies, I will give it a shot. Where is he?!


(So I rustle on over to the guy behind the desk...rustle rustle).

Me: (flashing smile). Hey there.... Betsy Burgess, nice to see ya. Listen, it has come to my attention that there is a stunning stuffed horse on the premises. We would really love to take a super duper quick picture with said horse. Are you sure there isn't a way we could sneak back there?

30 seconds later...... And then this.

Woo hoo! Fun times. What? We were just horsin' around.

More random thoughts: So there's this thing about me that I don't get. I don't discover fun music until months or even years after everyone else has been enjoying it. This happened with Yeah, In Da Club, anything else by 50 Cent, those Kanye West songs, Ignition, and a bunch of other songs over the years that I don't hear until I get a cd from a friend or I find myself on a dance floor somewhere. This could be because I only listen to soft rock, broadway, or talk radio. Hmmm... I may have solved my own mystery.

Anyway, I am currently obsessed with the song "Low" by Flo Rida, that I heard for the first time ever at K's wedding reception. WTF? You should have seen me. I was like, what...... what is this awesome song? I mean, listen to these lyrics! Ahem:

Shorty had apple bottom jeans (jeans!)
Boots with the fur (with the fur!)
The whole club was looking at her
She hit the floor (she hit the floor!)
Next thing you know
Shorty got low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low
The baggy sweat pants
And the Reeboks with the straps (with the straps!)
She turned around and gave that big booty a smack (hey! )
She hit the floor (she hit the floor!)
Next thing you know
Shorty got low, low, low, low, low, low, low, low

GENIUS. And I love the word Shorty. Seriously, I try to use it all the time. So, if you aren't part of the 90% of the population that has been jamming to this song for a while now, check it out!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Ok Bets, I love that you sweet talked your way to the stuffed horse. That is just classic! But on to my main point. You officially can no longer claim I am the one with no pop culture knowledge and make fun of me for not knowing a certain artist/song. Low?! Seriously - you crack me up! LOL Since you're on the topic of Flo Rida, you might want to check out his more recent one than Low - In the Ayer. I'm sure you'll enjoy! :-)

Betsy said...

HAHA - Ash, great point. I am a big fat hypocrite. Although, I will say that your pop culture knowledge deficit is primarily limited to 80s and early 90s pop culture, while I am an expert in those particular fields.

nikki webb said...

WEAK, Bets! even joseph and ella know that tune. they like to sing the "low low low low low low low" part. It's hilarious. Of course battling my expertise in this arena isn't really fair. So much time spent around teenagers makes me way TOO much of an expert in modern pop culture.

I didn't see any of that suave charm in the metropolitan museum of art as our mother kept getting in trouble for touching art and cell phone usage. way to step up!

Unknown said...

What is "Flo Rida"? There must be some syllables missing somewhere in that phrase.

Kristin said...

You do know that is my second all time favorite rap song besides YEAH, right? BTW...I told Sudan about you calling Saban the name Satan and she died laughing! :)

Betsy said...

Oh that Sudan. Glad you're back, K! As you can see, your wedding inspired some bloggin'! Miss you!

Betsy said...

Of all the people who have made fun of me for the "Low" thing, I think Jana wins the prize with this number:

Hey Betsy, I wanted to let you know that there's this great new song out that you would love! It's called My Sharona.