Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving... check.

Aaaaaand we're back. I'm sitting in front of the TV, surfing the net, bloggin'. I had a great long weekend at the parents' place in Pensacola, so fun, so relaxing, so eaty. Yes, I stuffed my pie hole, thanks for asking. I got to see most of the siblings, and Mom put on a great party, as usual. Thanks for the hospitality, Mom! Here's some pics.



Dad.....



Deda.....



Nikki and Maria....




Regarding the football issue.. the elephant in the room, so to speak: I congratulate those teams that won, and I'll be a good sport. After all, it is just a game. But come on. I mean, let's not beat around the bush. All my nemeses are emerging victorious this year and I needs a hug.

Honestly, I can handle losing but I just wish we weren't so disastrously, off-the-rails bad this year. I'm going to pretend it didn't happen. (Also, please be advised that masturbatory comments by Bama fans are subject to instant deletion if I can't think of a snappy comeback fast enough... which, lets face it, means they are subject to instant deletion. Resist the urge anyway; it's bad football karma. You know who you are.)

I'm taking it better than Maddie. Maddie's a big Auburn fan. She's been to Auburn twice actually, and in her lifetime she has never seen an Iron Bowl that Auburn didn't win. I snapped a pic of her watching the game. This says it all.



Aww, Maddie. There's always next year.

But you know what. It's still great to be an Auburn Tiger. Just the other day, a lawyer friend and I were discussing colleges. This friend attended a smaller private college and she remarked that if she could do it all over again it might have been fun to go somewhere bigger, in a bigger city, with more people, maybe New York, Boston, etc. I replied that if I could do it over a million times I would go to Auburn every single time, and I totally meant it. War Eagle! We'll be back!



What else, what else..... looking ahead, moving on. December is a fun month. Gav and I are going to get our Christmas tree this week! That's always a fun outing, getting our Christmas on. I'll keep you advised. Have a great week everyone!

5 comments:

lindseykennedy said...

Amen sister. I am glad you are having a semi-good attitude. I decided to forget it ever happened as well. I'm just glad I don't have to sit through another game, another loss. BOO on this year 4,000 times.

Betsy said...

What's that about this year? Was there a football season? I don't recall. (This is the denial I'm in.)

Ashley said...

Awww, that photo of Maddie is so sad! Don't worry Bets - I'm sure they'll be back next year. Every team's got to have an off season (when will Florida's be?!?). Hell, look at Alabama the last decade. It hasn't been pretty. Hang tough! Roll Tide ... I know our friendship can overcome this!

Emily Chappell said...

I kind of felt like Maddie, too. And I'm also just writing off the entire season. It's okay. :)

Betsy said...

Thanks Ash! I think we have proven over the years that yes, our friendship can survive the iron bowl!