Monday, November 17, 2008

Football and Fair

It was another great weekend for the Burgii! On Saturday, my sis Maria brought her fam over to attend the FSU football game! We had such a great time! Here are some pics:

Me and Maria with the kiddies.......

Anna Grace and Sugarbear.... they have a special blond. Alan and Lori came to the game with us too. Look, I'm Benazhir Bhutto!



ALSO: Gavin and I FINALLY made it to the North Florida Fair after several years of trying to go but always being foiled by previous engagements. This year we went on the very last day. It was fun! We saw real live carnies (small hands, smell like cabbage), ate some fried dough (remind me to author a separate post about obesity in America), and rode some rides. The BEST part, though, was the animals. Pretty much everyone knows I love farm animals. So when Gavin saw the sign that said Petting Zoo, he said, "This can't miss." Right on, baby.


An Alpaca! Goats!
The swings! That's me in the middle, red mittens. Note that I'm clearly the oldest person on the ride.
The whole time I had the song "Have I stayed too long at the fair" stuck in my head. See if you can guess who sings it..... that's right! Barbra. We know me so well.

So this weekend we're headed to Mobile to get KRice married off.... wild times ahead, folks. Stay tuned....

3 comments:

nikki webb said...

Those pics of you in the petting zoo are SO good! Looking Good, Sista!

E. Peterman said...

Too cute! I haven't been the fair in ages, but you made it look fun.

meg said...

Bets--I love the swings too! its so free-ing...