Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wild Weekend in Mobile!


Friends, it was another weekend of world record breaking fun, brought to me in Mobile, AL by my besty from the old days at AU, KRice.

Kristin got married this weekend and well folks, we threw it down. Now, I want you all to know that I personally did not hold back. You should be really proud. It was like I was riding a glorious adrenaline wave of collegiate stamina the whole weekend that violently crashed into the cold wet shore of 29 year-old-ness in the Vibe on the way back east on I-10. I am exhausted. I mean, where do I get off engaging in such tomfoolery at 29 years of age? Cheese and crackers.

Here's me, Sher-bear, Nancy, and Mary at the Rehearsal Dinner, about two hours before things got completely out of control that night. Oww! Hmm... anyhoo....

The following day we spent the whole day getting ready in K's suite. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was getting my hair and makeup done professionally. Holy shat, I love getting pampered like that. My hair actually stayed curly all night long. I’m telling you, people were amazed by the staying power of my curly bouncy hair.

I also enjoyed learning about all the new innovations in the field of hair and makeup artistry. For example, they used this spray-on foundation stuff, and lip gloss and blush that goes on clear and then adjusts to the appropriate color for your face. It’s amazing and a little scary, like it’s artificially intelligent makeup. They also have special new shears that they use to produce layers. Now that’s cutting edge.

Our bridesmaid’s dresses were beautiful and shiny. We are all so shiny in these pics. Also, the fabric of our dresses was kind of noisy when we walked, like that Seinfeld episode where George buys the "loud suit." You could also hear us coming from about 50 yards away, like a herd of beautiful brown shiny cattle. Rustle rustle rustle. (Russell! Shout out, Meg).




At the reception, me, Linds, Holls, and KT:

Holly: WTF Bets, I'm trying to eat. Lindsey: Yeah, really, Bets, she's trying to eat. April: Something's fun over here to my right.
I saw my pal Jeremy; he loves me! This was taken when we were out at our last stop of the evening before passing out. You can't tell, right?

Great weekend! I’m a little distraught that there’s not a planned event in the works for us all to get together again soon, so we’ll have to work on that. I'm feeling the Vegas suggestion, ladies. Let's keep that dialogue going. Miss you, girls!!



In other news, I am loving the "Messin with Sasquatch" commercials. Oh, and I love food and probably should get control of that before Thanksgiving rolls around. Ok, I'm done.

6 comments:

Holly Amburgey said...

Love the photo of me eating! Nice. I think there were lots of these photos taken.

lindseykennedy said...

3 cheers for the awesome weekend! Can you please delete the pic on Facebook of me and brent gazing off at something else. It is HORRIBLE. Thank you. MISS EVERYONE!

nikki webb said...

no pictures of the blushing bride? I want to see the beautiful former ms. rice!

Nancy said...

Heyyyy! I was just searching online for our spray on foundation. I LOVE makeup even more after this weekend! It was great to see ya!

Anonymous said...

My God, Betsy...one wild weekend after another...no wonder you have to work on Thanksgiving weekend...by the way, your friends are beautiful, (and fun) and your husband is very handsome...nonnimus

Betsy said...

Yeah, mom, I know, my trip to the petting zoo last weekend was completely out of control. I don't know how I made it to work the next day.