Sunday, December 28, 2008

Back!

Wow - sorry I was away for so long... the holidays hit me like a blitzing linebacker, along with all the parties and social engagements, then things at work turned to pandemonium at an inconvenient juncture, and then we had to hurry and pack it up and head down to central FL for Christmas, so I haven't had time to blog, but I am back in business.

Ok, first of all, we had a great Christmas in Deland with the rest of the Burgi. Here are some highlights:

1) Going to Universal Studios Islands of Adventure. Folks, I love roller coasters. Love them love them, and the more extreme the better. So while we were in the neighborhood, I convinced Gavin, my cousin-in-law Giffin, and Giffin's wife Mari to take me to this awesome theme park. We purchased express passes (worth every penny) that enabled us to skip all the super long lines and I rode all the big rides twice. Here are some pics!


Here's me with Giffin and Mari in front of the Hulk ride. I rode it thrice.

Here's me in Cartoon-land. I often use the fist-in-air move to convey frustration when my own plots are foiled, so this text bubble seemed to be designed just for me.



Here's some pics of me and my Chinchilla; both of us were drenched from the Jurassic Park ride.

2) Playing the Wii with the fam. One of my other cousins-in-law, Erin, was awesome enough to bring over her Wii to share with the rest of us. I love this thing! I got so into the tennis and bowling. It is just a matter of time before I own one. Just a matter of time.

3) The Chia pet. A few weeks ago, Gavin's brother Garrick had a Christmas party complete with Dirty Santa. Everyone had to bring a $20 gift, so I purchased a Chia Pet as our gift (hilarious!) and Gavin's dad ended up with it. My father-in-law joked about how he was going to re-gift it, which prompted me to present him with a challenge: I want to see some serious chia fur by the time I get there for Christmas. Well, this is what awaited me when I arrived. Glorious! I want one now... one of my very own.


4) Hanging with friends and family. Friday night we got to hang out with our old friends Gareth and Vanessa, along with their families, and a bunch of Gavin's other old friends from high school. We also got to visit with family and just relax and have fun. It was such a great week.

So tomorrow it's back to the old grind, but at least we have the new year to look forward to. I am thinking about New Years Resolutions, so check back!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE Islands of Adventure!!! I'm so jealous! I think one of my favorite rides is the Fire and Ice one! It looks like you had a great vacation! I can't believe it's almost 2009!

Ashley said...

I forgot to add that the Wii is awesome! We should get together and play sometime! I just got Jeremy 2 new games for Christmas and I can't wait to test them out!

nikki webb said...

I am still develoing my skills at Wii Sports, but I just beat my entire family at Wii Sorry Sliders last night. We got that "Family Game Night" game. Too fun...

Kristin said...

WHEW...so glad you are back to the blogging grind. I have missed you!

Sherry Tomberlin said...

Thanks for blogging...I was beginning to wonder. I am super jealous about the theme park - I love a good roller coaster! Happy New Year!!!!