Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Memories of Roma

So, a few months before a started this blog, Gavin and I went to Rome! We were there for one week and it was an unbelievable experience. We hit all the high points in Rome, Pompeii, and Florence. Since I took the trip before I started the blog, I haven't posted anything about it. Allow me to rectify that by posting some of my favorite pics from the trip.



This first one is the Roman Forum. To give you an idea of how huge that arch is, that's me at the bottom looking up at it.


This is a statue in the courtyard of the Italian Capitol Building..... is that a cornucopia in your toga, or are you just happy to see me?

Collosseo!


Here we are in the Frescati wine region outside of Rome, attending a wine tasting at a 600 year old vineyard. Great tour - beautiful countryside, great wine, and Americans to talk to!

St. Peter's Square!


And finally, the Ponte Vecchio in Florence.


I feel better now, having given a shout out to our Rome trip. I definitely recommend going if you ever get the opportunity. Ciao!

No comments: