Friday, August 1, 2008

Time Warp

So tomorrow I head to Pensacola for my 10 year high school reunion. I have to be honest here… I almost totally bailed on this. In fact, a couple days ago I would have told you that I definitely was not going. This is weird, because I had been pumped about it and had even blogged about it. But as it got closer and closer, I started to lose interest, mostly because work has been so crazy and I’m exhausted, but also because I just felt like it would be awkward. Most things are awkward for me. It’s a problem I have that I didn’t used to have but that’s a whole separate blog post.

Anyway, I’ve been thinking. My general philosophy in life is to err on the side of doing things rather than staying home, because you never know when something significant might happen or when you might make a memory. In 10 or 20 years I won’t remember what I did on a random Saturday night, but I will probably remember the reunion, for better or worse. I might think the whole thing is totally lame, but then again, I might reconnect with some folks I used to hang with 100 years ago, and to miss out just to be lazy would be a shame, and I know me, and I know I’d regret it. And there’s alcohol and I’ll see the fam, so it won’t be a total loss. So off we go. Cheers!

Another pro: blog fodder. Stay tuned!

5 comments:

meg said...

good luck friend!

Betsy said...

Thanks Meg! You kind of inspired me since you went to yours and had fun.

meg said...

the worst part was the hour leading up to it and the first 20-30 minutes. After that, it actually was fun! And you know, coming from me, I either had a major attitude adjustment or it really wasn't THAT bad :)

I hope you have a great time!

Emily Chappell said...

oh oh! Cant wait to hear about it!!

Ashley said...

So how was it? Mine wasn't that bad...