Sunday, August 31, 2008

5 questions

So I like to read blogs, and I've noticed a few bloggers have been posing these 5 questions to themselves and then "tagging" other bloggers. Well, no one has tagged me (b*tches) so I'm going to go ahead and tag myself.

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

Hmmm, August 1998... I was about to start my freshman year at Auburn. I hadn't actually started school yet because Auburn was still on quarters back then (yes, I am old) and classes didn't start up until we were into September. I may have been going through Sorority Rush, though. That was about as much fun as doing wasabi snooters non-stop for 7 days.

2. What are 5 items on your to-do list?
  • Give Maddie a trim and a bath. The mustache and beard are back.
  • Finish a project at work that has been marinating for a while (that's what I call it when I put something off...it's "marinating." Clever, right? It's as though my letting the project sit there is making it better, tastier, and more savory than if I had tackled it right away).
  • Vacuum the yellow-fur tumbleweeds out of my house. I feel like I'm living in the Old West.
  • Clean out my dresser and closet.
  • Register this "Webkinz" chihuahua my mom gave me. It's a stuffed chihuahua that I can register in some online community using a code. Once registered, I can feed her and build her a house and stuff. I named her Condoleezza.
3. Snacks I enjoy

I love this question! I do have to be careful though, because once I get going I will just start listing all the many many foods I like, and there's a diff between "food" and "snacks." For example, pizza is food, pizza-flavored combos are snacks. I like both.

Ok, snacks... chips and salsa, M&Ms, animal crackers, fruit roll-ups, trail mix, reese's peanut butter cups, popcorn, interesting fruits like "passion fruit", berries and grapes, popsicles, fudgesicles, gummy worms, crispy veggies with some sort of dipping condiment, like ranch dressing, nutter butters... the way I feel about food, this list could literally go on forever.

4. What would you do if you were a billionaire?

Make my parents and Gavin's parents retire comfortably, pay off the mortgage, meet Barbra and pay her ahead of time to be nice to me, buy a gameday condo in Auburn, ski in Austria and Switzerland, get a nose job, buy a huge nature preserve and adopt lots of dogs from shelters to live there with the dog-loving people I hire to take care of them, send my nieces and nephews to Auburn, give money to Auburn so they build a few parking decks and then name the stadium after me, and buy a skybox at Auburn and FSU and UF for football games.

5. Six places I would live:

San Diego, San Francisco, New York City, Nashville, Birmingham, or Boston.

These lists are fun.... I tag Lindsey, Meg, Nikki (you can do it in a comment on my blog), Holly, and Emily Chappell.

3 comments:

nikki webb said...

I'm so honored to have been tagged.
1) 10 years ago I had just started teaching my very first class! Third grade at Little Flower Catholic School. i was so nervous. i had an anxiety attack before the first day and mom gave me a huge glass of wine and the best advice of my life: Just fake it, the kids don't know that you don't know what you are doing.
2) My To Do List: Finalize pep rally plans, call that guy from Sylvan Learning Center back, clean the kids' bathroom, fold laundry, organize closets (this one has been "marinating" for awhile)
3) My Favorite Snacks: guacamole and queso dip mmmmmm, ice cream in any form including but not limited to on-a-stick in-a-bowl on-a-dessert and in-a-sandwich, hard sweet cherries, and spinach dip.
4) If I were a billionaire, I would make sure my parents and all my bros and sissies had fully paid mortgages, car payments, and no credit card debt. I would plan a lot of really nice vacations: destinations Napa Valley, Germany, Italy, Switzerland, Greece, NYC, Ireland, and Costa Rica. I would completely remodel my house, and live on the beach while i was doing it. I would buy a skybox at FSU. And I would GET A MAID!
5) Six places I would live: San Diego, Tampa, Coastal NC, Charleston SC, Seaside, and PENSACOLA!

Anonymous said...

Well...... not officially tagged but here goes....ANYWAY....

1) 10 years ago I was taking 2-3 walks a day with my 8 month old to get out of the house and avoid doing laundry.

2)My To Do List - laundry, vacuuming, laundry, dishes, laundry, WORK for museum, laundry, and eat.

3) Favorite snacks - trail mix(the kind with peanuts, m&ms, and raisins) chips and any kind of dip

4) If I were a billionaire I would pay all the immediate family bills, FSU sky box and UF sky box so Gavin and John wouldn't b**ch,and another "To Be Named Later Sky Box" for Jackson for whatever team he liked that particular season, boob, teeth and face work, boat, beach house, snow ski house, travel to Ireland, Greece, Italy, France, Switzerland, Discovery Cove (to swim with the Dolphins) etc....or I could go to Epcot's World Showcase instead and get a "taste" for many places

5) Six places I would live - Deer Valley, Sanibel Island, North Carolina mountains, Cannes, France, Low country South Carolina,
Cayman Islands

Betsy said...

Maria - I so meant to tag you! Sorry, I know that hurts. Thanks for participating though!!