Saturday, September 6, 2008

I Don't Ike It.


Oh good. Here comes another hurricane. Yay. I really can't wait for this thing to hit the bathwater of the Gulf of Mexico and then slam into the Gulf Coast; that will be super duper. WTF is going on here? Upon reflection, I've decided that I'm annoyed with this whole natural disaster concept. It's inconvenient and counterproductive for everyone involved.


For example, let's start with me. I'm going to Chicago Wednesday for work, and I am supposed to return on Friday. This will not happen if a hurricane is hitting the Tallahassee area or anywhere close to it. I will once again be forced to languish in the Atlanta airport for hours on end. I can just see it now. I hate that effing place. Everyone please plan to feel very sorry for me starting around 2:00 p.m. through 4:00 a.m. and perhaps beyond, on Friday/Saturday.


Here is the thing. I completely understand why we can't fly in hurricanes, really I do. What I don't understand is why they can't just cancel the flight and let me leave the airport rather than pushing the departure time back 30 minutes at a time at frequent 30 minute intervals while I die inside a little more each time. This has happened to me numerous times. I am officially cursed.


Ok, I just realized that it's not all about me. Let's also all plan to feel sorry for the people who actually get hit by the hurricane. It is quite possible that this thing could take a swipe at New Orleans, and if that happens they could possibly have it worse than me, so there you have it. Let's all pray that the thing just weakens as much as possible, and brings some minimal wind and rain.
Hurricane Ike. Let's hope he doesn't rough us up like our name is Tina.

3 comments:

nikki webb said...

also remember our brothe John and his family (who we aee once every couple of years) are supposed to be flying into pensacola at the same time as Ike. AND they have a beautiful condo at Portofino waiting for them, unless of course it is full of sand and storm debris. I Hate Hurricanes! (Storms and football teams so named)

Amy said...

We're thinking about y'all! I really hope Ike doesn't jack up your brotherly reunion!

Ashley said...

God help me if it hits New Orleans - I can't take another 3 years of listening to them whine!