Sunday, September 21, 2008

Family Beach Weekend, 2008

This was the best weekend ever!

My brother John and his wife Hue brought their two kids, Emma and Sara, to Pensacola for the week. They live in San Diego, CA, so this was a big deal! They come over about once a year and stay at a condo on the beach, so this past weekend we went over to visit with the whole family. It was so great to see everyone at the same time in the same place. It was like Christmas in September. Oh, and no one threw a temper tantrum - a true Christmas miracle. Here are some pics



My snookie and me on the beach!


All the girls: Mom, Liz, me, Hue, Nikki, Valicia, and Maria
All the guys! Bill, Jodie, Andy, Dad, Hill, John, and Gavin.

The kiddies! Joseph, Katie, Emma, Sara, Rebecca, Connor, Anna, Ella, Chloe, Alex, Andrew, and Jackson.
Mom and Dad! Dad is a sandals man. Always has been.

This is Gavin with the twins, John (left) and Bill. We like to joke that Gavin is the missing third twin. Awww.

Also, Gavin and I finally got a chance to fly our kite! We took the kids out on the beach Saturday morning and had lots of fun with it. Here are some pics of that.

Gavin and Katie getting the kite airborne. Me helping Sara fly the kite - the wind was strong so she needed a little help holding the controls.
Me with my nieces Katie, Sara, Emma, and Chloe. Love those girls!

Anyway, it was such a great weekend. I even caught a fish! I was elated for about five seconds until I reeled it in and saw it flailing helplessly and realized what I had done. Committed murder. I immediately started begging my bro-in-law Jodie to save it. He tried, God love him. I really struggled with that. And yet I have no problem eating fish caught by others. A conundrum.


So I want to thank John and Hue for making the trip and my mom for putting it all together. I love you guys!!!

6 comments:

nikki webb said...

Best weekend ever!! I think the fact that dad kept the condo supplied with cases of wine might have helped ease the tempers of so many. That speckled trout swam away just fine...to be gobbled up by a bigger fish no doubt. miss you already!

Ashley said...

Looks like a fun weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome time - sorry we missed the kite flying though - that looked fun!! I am sooooo proud of everyone for being sweet - definitely - the wine factor helped - why haven't we figured this out earlier? We should have tapped into our Irishness long before now ;)

Kristin said...

I loved looking at these pictures! You look great and so does your fam....especially.....JACK AND ANN....LOVE THOSE TWO!

Anonymous said...

Can you believe how the family has grown! and mellowed, as well...the wine did flow freely which helped all survive the football wars...miss you all...next stop, NYC...nonnimus

Emily Chappell said...

i have been missing betsy's commentaries on the debates. where are you??