Thursday, October 9, 2008

Marco Island - Best Business Trip EVER!

Sorry it's been a while folks. I've been feeling really uninspired lately, but I'm snapping out of it.

Tonight I'm in Marco Island, FL! Marco Island is an island off the southwest coast of Florida, about 2 hours west of Miami. I came down here on business and so far it's my fave work trip yet! I spent the day getting here and then attending an accident site investigation. We were done by 4:00, so I be-bopped on back to the hotel, checked in, and went for a walk on the beach! It was beautiful!

As a person from Pensacola, where the beaches are filled with soft, velvety, bright white sand, I was very impressed by the whiteness of the sand on these beaches. The difference, however, was all the shells. It was hard to walk without flip flops. Still beautiful though.


I went for a dip in the ocean! I haven't gone ocean swimming in a looooong time, and the temperature was really perfect. It was great. There is something about the beach and the ocean that always reminds me of home and my family, and makes me feel closer to them, especially my grandfather, who died a couple years ago, so that was special.






After romping in the surf for a while, I came back to the hotel, procured a delicious strawberry daquiri, and relaxed by the pool. The pool and tiki bar were great, and fun beachy tunes were playing softly in the background.




I went to a fun seafood restaurant for dinner. I sat at the bar of course, because I hate to hog an entire table when it's just me. Also, at the bar, you meet more people, and make some friends.


All in all, great trip so far! My flight leaves a little later tomorrow, so I'm going to take another walk on the beach before heading out. I'm attending a bachelorette party in B'ham this weekend, too, so get ready for some awesome pics next week!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Yippee! You're back to blogging!

nikki webb said...

ugggh I don't EVER want to hear you complain about your job. Sweet trip!