Sunday, October 12, 2008

Party in the Ham!


So this weekend, after my super fun business trip to Marco Island, I took this awesomeness up to the Ham for a big time. This was the weekend of my friend Kristin's BACHELORETTE party. OWWWWWW!

Friday was busy: I flew into Hotlanta, where my pal Holly picked me up at the airport, and then whisked me away to the Ham. We got there, met up with Leah, and had a few frosty beers at the hotel while waiting for the rest of the crew. Cheers girls!

THEN, I met up with my long lost best pal Jennifer! She picked me up and we went out for some tacos, cervezas, and hours of conversation about the things we love most in life, including but not limited to the following: Auburn, our favorite soft rock hits from the 70s and 80s, how awesomely talented Barbra and Lionel Richie (Jennifer's Barbra) are, and how we are always right about stuff and why everyone should agree with our opinions about everything.

I love Jennifer for so many reasons. She was one of my best pals in college and knows me soooo well. I am so pissed that I forgot my camera or I would post a picture right here. I have lots of pictures of us, of course, but they are prints and dammit, wouldn't you know it, I put the scanner in storage because I was "never using it." Blast! (fist in air!) This shall be remedied.

Anyway, J and I pick up right where we leave off, no matter how long it's been. Shout out, J! Miss you already!

After hanging with J, I met my pals out on the town and yada yada yada, we were out till 4 a.m. We almost got kicked out of our hotel that night for being "loud." Whatever! The volume of our conversation was so normal. We just had crabby-appletons for neighbors.
I woke up several hours later (sleeping three to a bed of course) with a splitting headache. I rallied after lying in the bed and recapping the night before for several hours, taking a showie, and stuffing my face with Chappy's greasy delightfulness. I was rarin' to go by the time we headed out to dinner that night.

My old roomie Suuuudan and me before dinner.



Susan, Holly, and Leah at dinner.


Me with Sherry and Mary at dinner - they are hilarious and I love them!!

After dinner, we came back to the hotel and had K's lingerie shower! It was hilarious and fun. Outrageously bacheloretty. BEST EVER!

Kristin in all her gear, about to open her presents...

Holly, Lindsey, me, and Leah! Yes, those are naked-man nametags. (I hope you people don't let your children read this blog...)

Then, we hit the town and yes, once again danced until 4 a.m. It was not fun driving home today, but honestly, it was worth every second of feeling like ass. I saw so many people that I love so dearly and don't get to see often enough. I had such a fun time! Thanks for everything girls! See you at the wedding!

8 comments:

nikki webb said...

that pic of Kristin dancing is the cutest picture ever. glad y'all had fun. Hope we can top it in NYC!

Unknown said...

hmmm, you met with your friends to discuss the things you "love most in life," and I didn't make the list. I can only assume that I fall somewhere between Lionel Richie and dog poo.

Kristin said...

YAY Bets......I appreciate the recap. I love you!!!!!! It means so much to me to have a friend like you. Thank you for being YOU!

Betsy said...

Gavin! I said "including but not limited to" those things! And you should know that in my heart, you rank way way way above poo of any kind.

Anonymous said...

Betsy, I so want to be you...what a fun couple of days...and your girl friends are even more beautiful now than Auburn days...stay close...nonnimus

Anonymous said...

Bets, love the recap...the wedding is going to be a blast!

Anonymous said...

awwww, bets, you are too kind! LOVED hanging out and can't wait for the barbra-que in '09. i'll bring my own lionel life size cut-out. i'll be emailing you soon to discuss the future of AU football and our country. have a blast in nyc! shalom!

Anonymous said...

Bets!

Nice indirect shout out to Nonni using the "Crabby Appleton" reference! Gavin, no worries - you rank somewhere between dog poo and Jeff Bowden in my book!