Sunday, October 26, 2008

Romantic Weekend Getaway

Gavin and I had the greatest weekend getaway! A dear friend of ours was nice enough to lend us his family beach house at Alligator Point, so we spent the weekend relaxing and romping in the surf. The weather was perfect and the setting was secluded and private.

We had no internet and very limited tv channels (but we were able to watch the UF-Kentucky beatdown, which put my man in an excellent mood) so we really got to spend some quality time with each other.

The best part was that we were allowed to bring the dogs! I have always wanted to get my dogs around the ocean to see how they like water, and I just have never had the opportunity to do it.
Here is the verdict: Sugarbear likes it ok, but won't venture in above her shoulders. Maddie LOVES the water and will swim around like a duck for extended periods of time. She also LOVES to fetch the tennis ball out of the water and prefers that you throw it far enough that it requires her to actually swim out past the waves, pounce on it, and bring it back in! Gavin and I had the greatest time watching her swim around and bust up against the waves like a Baywatch lifeguard. Hilarious!

Our camera battery died, but we were able to take some pics with Gavin's cell phone:



After all of that swimming and frolicking, the babies were exhaaaauuuusted. They are all cuddled up together, teeping. Awwww.



So it was a great weekend. I am actually relaxed and ready to get back to work! Thanks for a wonderful weekend, G! Love you!

3 comments:

nikki webb said...

let me get this straight....beach house, seclusion, no internet, limited tv....hmmmmm...
I sense a little brown-chicken-brown-cow (say it fast out loud, now!) action!!!

Ashley said...

Awww, who would have thunk that Maddie would be the swimmer? I would love to see her! Maybe some weekend the four of us can go to the beach and take the puppies (imagine the craziness!)

E. Peterman said...

I am so jealous! It looks like you had a wonderful, relaxing time. And your dogs are adorable!