Wednesday, August 27, 2008

No Me Gustav!


There's a storm a comin'. There's a storm a brewin'. Ever notice how people like to add the "a+apostrophe" when referring to impending storms? I like it.

I mean really. Really folks? I am pretty sure I just fled a nasty Tropical Storm. This one is supposed to strengthen into a Category 3 hurricane by the time it makes landfall (or a "Cat 3" as we Floridians like to say, because, you know, we knowwww hurricanes and like to use exclusive hurricane lingo). That's actually a decent hurricane. Not usually enough to blow your house away, but enough to really inconvenience you and enough to get your insurance company involved.
I guess I am fortunate to live in Tallahassee, where we are a little further inland, but I still stress out because my fam lives in Pensacola. New Orleans is also on Gustav's potential hit list. Good, because, you know, they could really use the rain.
I realize also that Tallahassee is a little right of the potential strike zone as you see it above. This is even more annoying because the projected storm path is always wrong at this stage of the game. I'd rather be in the middle than just to the right at this point. So let's just "keep an eye on it" as the forecasters always say. Silver lining: maybe we'll get out of town and visit some folks.. maybe drink some Hefeweizen and eat some wienerschnitzel in honor of Gustav. Auf wiedersehen!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Gustav, PLEASE don't hit New Orleans! I don't know if I can survive another 3 years listening to all the citizens whine about another hurricane hitting them.

nikki webb said...

Don't worry, Ashley. Obama will use his Divine powers to save New Orleans from the Huricane. Because He, unlike Bush, doesn't hate them.

Anonymous said...

A'ight, my vote is that if Tally-ho gets a direct hit, it's time for a BK Roberts High reunion in the ATL!!

p.s. Bets, your sarcasm is seriously testing my poker face...maybe I shouldn't be reading this thing at work...