Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Pupdate

Well, I'm back to work today, although I still sound like death. My main concern right now though is my baby Maddie. I dropped her off at the vet this morning for her surgery. While she is under anesthesia they are going to trim her little claws too. She hates that so it's better to do it while she's knocked out. Might as well make hay while the sun shines.

Last night we let Maddie sleep in the bed with us. We usually don't do that, but since I was under the weather and Maddie was set to go under the knife, Gavin relented. She was so good and snuggled quietly all night long. Maddie has always been such a good little buddy like that - if I am sick she won't leave my side. She definitely knows if I am not feeling up to par and gives me extra love and attention. I guess it will be my turn to do the same for her these next few days. I will keep you posted!!

3 comments:

meg said...

make hay while the sun shines

i love it.

glad you are back at work, but sounds like you are still under the weather. take care of yourself and feel better really soon!

Unknown said...

Betsy forgot to mention that I dislike Maddie sleeping in the bed because she burrows under the covers. Last night was no exception, and the unwanted 4:00 a.m. prostate exam Maddie performed on me solidified my commitment of keeping the dogs downstairs at night.

nikki webb said...

Go Gavin!! Stay strong, Man!

(Maria adds) Are you sure it was Maddie????