Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Cake at work.

It ruffles my feathers. Same goes for doughnuts, muffins, cupcakes, and other delicious treats of that ilk. I appreciate that people like to celebrate milestone events in their lives, like birthdays and Fridays, but I cannot be trusted.

I try - I don't always succeed, but I generally try - to lead a healthy life by working out and eating fruit and vegetables and stuff. But I have a real problem controlling myself around the aforementioned sugary deliciousness. Sure, maybe I can resist first thing in the morning as I'm getting my coffee. I just had some cereal, after all, and coffee is fine for now. But as the day wears on, and it gets to be late afternoon, all bets are off and I'm on that cake like a rat on a cheeto.

Folks, let's make a deal. If there is cake on the premises (or doughnuts, or cupcakes, or if someone just dumps a bunch of snicker bars on the breakroom table for funsies) don't tell me or email me. Allow me to remain blissfully ignorant with my apple and water before it's too late and I'm entering and exiting the office by crane. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

2 comments:

nikki webb said...

I hear you, Sister! I gained ten pounds teaching st SJS where each teacher was assigned a week at a time to bring "snacks" for the lounge. Add birthday cupcakes and breakfast doughnuts, and I'm lucky I didn't weigh a metric ton!

Emily Chappell said...

Oh Bets, I am feeling your pain. When I worked at Southern Living they would bring stuff up from the test kitchens and put it on the counter right outside my office. Just give in and do some extra lunges.