Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Continued illness and other scariness

Still sick. I actually stayed home from work today because it has gotten so bad. I can hardly speak (it's more like croaking - saixxxy) and I have this awful painful cough that sounds terrible. Anyway, I didn't sleep well last night and woke up with a fiery inferno in my throat. Gavin says I tossed and turned a lot. The doctor ruled out strep throat and has called in some prescriptions for me to help me deal. I'll be fine - I fully expect to be in the courtroom tomorrow.


By now you all know my baby Maddie. A few days ago I was snuggling with her and noticed a little bump on her snout. I thought maybe she had gotten a bug bite or something but decided to watch it anyway. It didn't go away, so this morning Gavin took her to the vet and the bump thing is actually a tumor!! The vet said it could be benign or malignant, but because she's still a middle-aged dog (as opposed to flat-out old as dirt) it is more likely benign. The Auburn-educated vet will remove it tomorrow and send it to the doggy pathologist to evaluate. They have to put my baby completely under to do this.


Needless to say, I am freaking out. Dogs are not suppposed to get cancer, and Jack Russells are supposed to be particularly hardy. She's always been so healthy and this is really throwing me for a loop. She hates going to the vet and Gavin said she actually trembled the whole ride over and got upset when he had to leave her there. I don't know how parents of actual human children do it. Anyway, please everyone keep my baby in your prayers!!



3 comments:

nikki webb said...

SOrry you are feeling so yucky! Little Ella Boo had pneumonia for about a week over NewYears, she was totally pitiful, and now Jodie is sick. Winter sucks. Tell Maddie to keep her snout up!

Emily Chappell said...

Aw Bets! My mom's little dog had one of those on her foot. An Auburn-educated vet took hers off too, and it was OKAY! She'll need lots of TLC and treats when she gets home. :)

meg said...

poor baby! maddie is in our thoughts and prayers...

let us know what happens!