Monday, January 21, 2008

Let's get organized, team!

So today I had the day off (yay for Martin Luther King, Jr!). The babies and I snuggled in bed for a little while after Gavin left for work, but then I decided to kick my own butt and do some stuff I have been putting off for a looooong time.

First of all, as of this morning, Gavin and I had two filing cabinets full of crap. Well, mostly crap. The "important stuff" was in there, somewhere - mired in ancient bank statements and college papers and blah blah blah (I used to have a tough time throwing stuff away - I'm over that now.) Long have I wanted to get attack these evil contraptions, but the task just seemed downright insurmountable. Well no more! Today I just said, look -- we're doing this, team. I dumped everything out, parsed through the crap, picked out the important stuff and shredded the rest. Then - get this - I arranged the documents by category, put them in little colorful hanging files (with labels!) and consolidated it into one filing cabinet! This was quite the small personal victory for moi, I cannot even tell you.

Second, I whacked my way through my closet and filled up two hefty bags with clothes to give to Goodwill. I'm getting better at this too. Less is more, folks. Less is more. Lata!

No comments: