Wednesday, September 2, 2009

SURPRISE!

So last weekend, Gavin’s family and I pulled off a great feat – a surprise party to celebrate Gavin officially getting old. I mean he’s 30 now – only a few short years away from being the guy who backs over his own mailbox and gets confused by the automatic doors at Publix. So we thought this was the perfect opportunity to throw him a big party! We threw the party down in Deland so his family and friends from way back could all be there. BIG shout out to my mother-in-law for doing all the leg work!!!

He was actually genuinely surprised – more confused actually, because I cleverly scheduled the party to take place 3 weeks AFTER his actual birthday, so he would suspect nothing. This was his reaction!




We had such a great turnout - here are some pics....

Well, you wanted belly pics, so you got 'em. Here I am with Gavin's lovely cousins Erin and Cara who, as you can see, are carrying smaller than me.... Hey - who invited Barney to the party?

Group shot with all Gavin's friends that made it - thanks guys!

The cake.....

Strategically attacking the candles! He actually conquered them in one attempt - yayyy!


We also got a few gifts for the burglet - thanks guys!

What else, what else.... Oh yes, I continue to be annoyed by the pig population for their inconsiderate behavior in setting this swine flu business into motion. Stupid a*s pigs, once again complicating my life. Apparently this swine flu is quite dangerous for persons of the knocked-up persuasion, like myself, but did they care or think of that when engaging in all their risky barnyard behavior? No.

So anyway, I’ve got to get a series of vaccinations (much like my 2008 rabies adventure) starting October 22. That rabies stuff was super fun for Christmas, but as it turns out, I never developed any super cat powers, which pisses me off for so many reasons. Sometimes I think the animal population is out to get me, which vexes me greatly, since I’ve always been such a champion for them. I mean, really? Thanks.

Pictures of the nursery are still on their way... (they’re on my other computer but I promise to post them soon)!



4 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a helluva a party, and one I will always remember. I was utterly confused and surprised (mostly by the appearance that people apparently tolerate me enough to show up). Kudos to everyone, who did not let on about the party!

Ashley said...

About time. I've been checking back for photos! You look soooo cute! The barney comment is hilarious, but trust me: you are NOT big! You just look adorable! I love it! I can't wait to see the nursery photos.

Vica said...

Happy Birthday Gavin! Thank you for finally posting belly pictures. You are so cute and beautiful. But the barney comment was funny :) I also second Ashley's request for some nursery pics.

Mom2 said...

It was a great party, fun for all, and I think Gav was really surprised. Plus, I have never seen such beautifully pregnant ladies. The Barney comment was obviously written in jest.