Monday, September 28, 2009

Audiobookin' it.

So I'm currently on this kick where I listen to a lot of audiobooks. They're great for whenever you travel. I get a sense of accomplishment whenever I finish one, like I've just done something of note. Clearly I haven't, but still. Last week I drove down to the Tampa area twice for work, so I went through about 2 and a half full length audiobooks. After that, let me just tell you - I was a shining beacon of pride.

I obtain said audiobooks from the 'brary, of course because they are not cheap and the 'brary has a decent selection. My fave author right now is Stuart Woods because his books are engaging and easy to follow, with compelling characters and plots. John Grisham is good too.

That said, not every book is well suited for audio... sometimes the actors who read the books are downright irritating as James Blunt. This is because, typically, one actor is charged with voicing every character: men, women, black, white, hispanic... They try to differentiate the characters' voices and sometimes they try a little too hard and it's almost comical. Sometimes I have to pause the cd and laugh it out. So if anyone is interested in hopping on this train and is looking for good audiobook suggestions, let me know! I might advise you to avoid any book with lots of southern or New Yorky characters - or, god forbid, both. You're asking for trouble.

In other news, once again, I would like to clarify that the Burglet's name is NOT Brooke Lynn or any variation thereof. In fact, she is not named after any of the five boroughs of NYC. She actually has a name, and we are officially sharing it. I have a plan for a specific way I'd like to share it on the blog, though, so stay tuned.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Her name is Tim Tebow. God bless.

nikki webb said...

that IS a nice girlie name.

Unknown said...

haha. clever.