Thursday, September 24, 2009

Caught Red Snouted.


So dogs are funny. Listen to this. Last Saturday Gav and I were hanging out, doing our weekend thing, cleaning up, doing laundry, and watching football. Gavin decided to make some chicken nuggets for lunch, so he baked a batch and put some barbecue sauce in a ramekin for dipping purposes. He was almost done when some friends pulled up outside to drop something off, so we ran out there to say hi.We were out there for probably less than 30 seconds.

When we got back in, the remaining nuggets were gone and Maddie was hiding behind the coffee table, licking furiously. Gavin said, “Maaaaadddiiiiee……” really slow, and she came slinking out, ears slicked way back, and barbecue sauce all over her snout and paws.

SO not only did she steal the nuggets, but she made a point to dip them in the sauce first. And OMG was she contrite about it. It was too hilarious to punish her at that point. I gave her a bath later that day, and despite all my scrubbing, the barbecue sauce would not come out of her white snout fur. She was branded with sauce stains, like a scarlet letter emblazoned across her chest. Meanwhile Sugarbear slept on her bed nearby, completely fluffy and oblivious. I love dogs!

What else…. My preg survey! How far along: 32 weeks, 4 days.

Total weight gain/loss: You can take this question and shove it up your… none of your beeswax.

Maternity clothes: I got a new pair of jeans and a pair of khakis last weekend! Thanks Gavin, for going with me to shop… I know that wasn’t fun for you!Love you!

Stretch marks: I noticed a couple on my torso…. I cocoa buttered them up and now I don’t see them. Maybe it’s my imagination. Maybe denial is powerful.

Sleeping: The army of pillows is still doing its thing. I slept TERRIBLY earlier this week though, when I was traveling for work. Thankfully that was my last overnight trip for work. I think sleeping without Gavin in the bed stresses me out, too, because I feel like I need him there in case something happens, consciously and subconsciously.

Best Moment of this week: Shopping with Gavin for nursery décor, which forced us to use our imaginations, and also getting “out of the blue” flowers delivered to me at work, which made everyone in my office go “awwwwww. (Thanks Gavin!)

Movement: Still going strong! I like it when she kicks her tiny little dogs completely out and I can feel them with my hand. It’s weird, but very cool.

Food Cravings: Fruit rollups. I eat these things like it’s my job, folks. It must be obvious, too, because when I got to work the other day there was a new box sitting on my chair. So funny. I love love love them right now. Pretty sure I hadn’t had them in years before last weekend when it hit me that I wanted them and wanted them right that second.

Labor Signs: None, but having a few Braxton Hicks contractions here and there, which are interesting little “practice” contractions.

Belly Button in or out: Outer than stirrup pants.

What I miss: Second trimester energy levels.

What I am looking forward to: I have some showers coming up soon that should be lots of fun!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you, Baby Girl. Poppi.

nikki webb said...

Reminds me of the time Maverick ate my Subway sandwich and tried to hide, but left a trail of shredded lettuce behind him. It was too funny to be properly angry...but I REALLY was looking forward to that 6in turkey sub!!!

Andy said...

Always good for a giggle...The Daphne Rays say hello and we love you...Can't wait to see little Brook Lynne!

Ashley said...

Hahaha, I can totally picture Maddie eating the chicken nuggets. And then I picture you "spanking" her with a napkin - LOL. Poor girl!