Sunday, October 4, 2009

And the Burglet's name is....

Ta Da! No, it's not Slim Shady, Snoop Doggy Dogg or Brooke Lynn, although that one got lots of play. Elise Maria is the name - learn it, love it, because one day you'll have to know it for when she's President.

The picture you see above is the result of Gavin and myself really reaching outside our little logical lawyer comfort zones and getting artsy-craftsy. We went out and picked up some letters, lady bugs, and flower pots, painted them, and hung them on the wall in the nursery. The Burglet has the best room in the house, hands down. I will post more pics when I have everything organized in such a way that pleases me. Right now we are a little bit in furniture limbo, because we bought a new bedroom set for our room, which will free up some space in Elise's room (I'm currently borrowing her entire closet for my stuff). We will move that in this weekend, and then I can really finish up the nursery and organize all her baby stuff.

Speaking of the baby stuff, last weekend we had a FANTASTIC shower in Pensacola! The shower was at my mom's house, and the hostesses were my mom and two sisters, Nikki and Maria. We had a great turnout and I got to see so many of my loved ones that live in Pensacola. Shout out to my wonderful mother-in-law and sister-in-law Tammy for making the trip all the way from Deland to be there! As for the haul, I have three words: dirty, filthy loot. Hells to the yes. Everyone was so generous - thanks guys!

Here are some pics.

This is my sis Nikki and my wonderful mom. Note the huge crate o' booze. I was pretty much the only one not participating in that aspect of the shower. That's my family, folks. Yay for evening showers!

Me, Nikki, and Maria (who likes to call Elise "E. Maria")

This is her first Florida Gator outfit - it's 0-3 months sized, so she can pretty much wear it right away to support Dad's team. Look at what a good sport I'm being!


This is more like it! Thanks Auntie Mary!

Little tiny pants.

This is my cousin Anna, me, and my friend Mary (the aforementioned Auntie Mary) - we were all inseparable in high school and it was so great to see them and visit!

And now... survey saysssss....

How far along: 34 weeks, 4 days.

Total weight gain/loss: I still don't want to talk about it!

Maternity clothes: 100% when I leave the house. Fortunately they make cute mat clothes these days that don't make me look like a walking tent (I think). I still wear some of my old t-shirts when it's just Gavin and me hanging around the house, nesting, because it doesn't matter if my belly hangs out then. I figure it needs some air.

Stretch marks: So far so good, but keep in mind that there's a lot of my body that is completely hidden from me at this moment.

Sleeping: Not awesome. I just flip from side to side and have to pee a lot, so what can I really expect in this regard? I'm getting by just fine.

Best Moment of this week: The shower, visiting with my loved ones, and the fact that Gavin was able to be there (he was the photographer) to see me open all our presents and enjoy the party as well. He is going to be the best Dad ever!

Movement: Still going strong! She likes to stick her little dogs right up into my rib cage and rub her little head against my sciatic nerve, which is super fun for me.

Food Cravings: Nothing is really grabbing me right now, but that could change in a matter of moments. Still enjoying the fruit rollups. Hey - are those cheetos?

Labor Signs: None, but still having a few Braxton Hicks contractions here and there.

Belly Button in or out: Outer than space.

What I miss: Sleeping on my stomach and back.

What I am looking forward to: Another shower this weekend, and getting the nursery FINISHED!

So that's it folks - work continues to go well, and I am feverishly trying to get everything on my to-do list done so that I can leave my workload in peace once the baby gets here. I hope everything is going great for you, too - see you soon!

7 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Bets! Great name!!!! Elise. I like it. And, you look great...I am still laughing at your weekly updates. Too funny. Brings back some good (and bad) memories!!! You are going to love being a mom!

Ashley said...

I absolutely love the name. It's beautiful and unique!!!! I can't wait to see the whole nursery!!! You look great!

Betsy said...

Thanks girls! So glad you like the name. We are getting really close - yikes!

nikki webb said...

Awwww Little Elise...I'm working out how I'm going to spell the obscure derivitive I will use. Will let you know.


YAY for the blog shout out!!!

kellymartinau said...

Beautiful name! And very cute wall decor-can't wait to see the whole room! Good luck for the homestretch!

Jennifer said...

Love it love it love it. I'll have you know that when I went to court in 6th grade to file for a middle name (because my parents so rudely opted not to give me one. weirdos...) my chosen name was Elise....SO clearly this kid is going to be amazing. So excited for you and Gavin!

maria said...

What a beautiful name for a gorgeous child! I am so excited to meet lil' E. Maria Burgess!!!

P.S. I promise to call her Elise out loud. I will only whisper E. Maria in her tiny, delicate ear. It'll be "our" thing. ;)