Monday, October 12, 2009

Hey there...

Sooooo... how the hell are ya? Me? I'm about ready to erupt like Vesuvius - thanks for askin. Here I am, 36.5 weeks along, and still, there's just one of me. I am looking forward to having a mini-me. I am looking for matching pink velour sweat suits for the baby and I to wear home - wouldn't that be great?? Keep your eyes out folks. I need you.

In the meantime, Gavin and I have been really busy, andthat has helped. We have done SOOO much - the nursery is officially complete. I should take some pictures and post them, but that would require me getting off this couch and walking back there for actual activity, so no can do.

Lately, when I get home from work, it's like I have these bursts of nesting energy when I clean my house like a and organize things like a mother trucker, followed by periods where I am incapable of doing anything but sitting right here on my ass. I have been told this is hormonal. I can't complain though, because if it weren't for these bursts of energy, nothing would get done.. at least not by me. Poor Gav has really been picking up the slack - thanks honey!

I also have some fun new symptoms, including but not limited to low back pain on one side and sciatic pain on the other - yay! Back pain? Really? I feel like a Plaintiff or something. I also think I lose my mind momentarily at times. An example of this was when I saw my very sweet, very southern, very hilarious grandfather a few weeks ago. Keep in mind that he hadn't seen me in a while, and I was wayyyy pregnanter than at our last meeting.

Here's how that went:

Me: Hey DeDa!
DeDa: Hey Honey.... what happened to you? (sarcastic allusion to my large and in charge state)
Me: Well, DeDa, I done got knocked up. (hugs)

Seriously Bets? He appeared to get a real kick out of that, but now that I think back, I'm pretty sure it was inappropriate. Whatevs..

In the meantime, I've had a few showers! My pals J and V gave me a really nice couples shower a couple weeks ago, and we had the greatest time. Here I am with the hostesses....


Then, my office gave us a really really nice shower at a local restaurant. Gavin and I were floored when we got there and saw all that they had done. Here's a pic or two...




Well, I go to the doc tomorrow to see if I'm dilated at all.... that should be really fun, as cervical exams always are for me. In the meantime, I'll try to take a look at my life and see if there's anything going on in my life that's not baby-related that I can blog about. I feel bad being so one-dimensional on this blog, but the fact is, being this preg really consumes your life for a while. I go to work and then come home and do pregnant lady things. I'll do better.

See you soon!

6 comments:

Andrew and Lauren Hess said...

Oh honey, if you think this little peanut is all consuming now...just wait! That little princess will have you both doing back flips at 3 am. I am so excited for you though, you will be a great mom. You're almost done, hang in there. It could be any day now, Brooks was 36 and 4 days. Can't wait to see the post that she is here!

Vica said...

Love hearing about your pregnancy! Glad to hear all is well

E. Peterman said...

You are seriously one of the most graceful pregnant women I have ever seen. If I didn't like you so much, I'd probably be kind of mad about it. Can't wait to see the baby; hang in there!

Ashley said...

I love hearing the pregnancy updates and I can't wait to see the one where Elise has arrived!!! And I absolutely love your response to your grandfather - that was hilarious!!! I'll be on the look out for matching pink velour . . .

Andy, Liz, and the Kids said...

The Daphne Rays are really excited about Elise...we love you, Bets!

Unknown said...

Hurry up and have the darn baby already! Seriously, we are super excited for you and can hardly wait two more weeks to meet Elise. So, um, if there's any way to speed it up... Uncle Alan & Auntie Lori are waiting. but you know, no pressure...