Sunday, November 1, 2009

Heyyyyyy


I caught Maddie mid-yawn.

Well, I'm still preg, but definitely getting there... as of today I am 38 weeks and it DEF shows. There she blows!

Hmm, what is new that I can tell you... the baby has "dropped" which means that, pelvically speaking, she is positioned appropriately to be born. This is not a reliable indicator that labor is imminent, however, because this can happen weeks in advance. Of course.

Elise is looking good - measuring a little on the petite side, but that's ok. If I have to choose between popping out a 6-7 pounder or a 9-10 pounder, my vagina and I will take the smaller baby, thanks. Heh - I said vagina.

Girlfriend kicks me and stretches out her tiny gams A LOT, which is still neat, even after all this time. Frankly though, I'm really ready for this to be over. Not to be a Negative Nancy, but I can't really do anything comfortably and I am not a person who enjoys being uncomfortable. Which is why I wouldn't have enjoyed Woodstock.

So Gavin is watching this thing about a half-wolf, half-man that supposedly killed lots of people in France in the 1700s. Apparently a cop and a zoologist are trying to "crack the case" in 2009 to determine whether the killer was a person, an animal, or a mythical creature, like a chupacabra or something. It is ridiculous. I haven't seen the ending, but something tells me the results of this investigation 300 years after the fact will be inconclusive. Gavin and I have such different tastes in TV sometimes. Basically, if it features time travel, alternate dimensions, space, volcanoes, wolfpeople, or cavemen, you can find it on my DVR, thanks to Gavin.

In other news, I wanted to blog about the current babies in my life - my doggies. Maddie and Sugarbear have gotten really clingy these past few weeks, which makes me think that they know something is up. Here are some pics of them snuggling up to Gavin... awwww.













I know, they are cute. ell, I will keep you updated on any new developments.... hope to talk to you REAL soon...

9 comments:

nikki webb said...

so the "two paws up" rule for Sugie is definitely a thing of the past. those pics of her and Gav are precious!

Can I put in a request to Elise that she decide to join us outside the womb on a Friday so I can escape town without shirking too many responsibilities.

See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Love the Gav!
-Dr.The Brent

Ashley said...

Aww, the furbabies are adorable! I was just thinking this weekend that you could pop out little Elise any day now! I'm so excited for you!!! I can't wait to get that text (ahem, yes, that is a hint - come on, I KNOW that I am one of those VIPs that you guys have on the list to contact when the labor is happening. hehe) from Gavin saying it's happening!!!!

Mom2 said...

I'm with Nikki - Fridays are good if I can request Saturdays may "interfere" with Gator football unless is is pre or post game time. Ha! '

Auntie Maria said...

Ok - I can't wait for my little niece!!! I think my daughter is even more excited than I am - if that is possible! Anna had a gift card to Target from her birthday and purchased some items for Elise and her cousin Ella. She talks about Elise ALL the time - thank you for having a baby girl!!!! Anna picked out some mittens and a t-shirt that says "My first Christmas" they are trimmed in pink and green. Yes, they were from the dollar area - you would be proud Aunt Betsy! Every time we see any baby clothes, toys, etc. Anna says, "We need to get that for Elise!"
FYI she said Elise was going to have blond hair and blue eyes and be twins with Ella and her -(I know that means triplets but we'll work on that with her later. ) Kids can be right on with these things, so I am betting on a blondie! Tell Gavin's mom I am willing to put a wager on the blond vs. red hair outcome. I can't wait!!!!!!

Auntie Maria said...

P.S. If she goes home on a Saturday you may have to break out the Gator cheerleading onesie!!

Auntie Maria said...

P.P.S. The pics of Gavin and Sugie are too precious!

Mom2 said...

Maria- Gavin was VERY blond - with ringlets-until he had his hair cut at 2!!!!! We'll take any color - she'll be a beauty regardless!

Auntie Maria said...

Yes she will!!!!