Friday, November 13, 2009

It's Friday the 13th and my cervix needs a pep talk.

So, first things first, still preg. I went to the doctor this week and my cervix is still pretty much the same as my last appointment - 1 centimeter dilated and about 75-80% effaced, which is better than nothing of course, but not enough action to make induction a possibility before 41 weeks. Grrrrrr.

I shouldn't complain too much. My due date is Sunday, and I'm really ok with waiting the full 40 weeks. But I am starting to get annoyed with my cervix. Really cervix? We can't work together as a team? Not even now, when it's showtime and your big moment to shine? The truth is, I haven't asked much of you up till pregnancy - you've enjoyed an easy ride. Now when I need some cooperation, you decide to clam up. All of my other lady parts have been there for me. Unacceptable.

Anyway, I go back to the doctor on Tuesday for another check-up. Keep your fingers crossed that someone decides to be a team player, ahem.

My birthday was great! We went out with some friends to a very nice dinner, and Gavin got me a kickass spa package. He says I will need it once the baby's born, which at this rate is looking like Christmas, New Years.... at this rate we'll miss the tax deduction cutoff and that will REALLY piss me off! I'm predicting Christmas Eve, 2009, 12 lbs, 3.5 oz. The perfect 3 month old.

Other than that, it is shaping up to be a great weekend, with beautiful weather and entertaining football games. I am going to make the most of it with some quality time with Gavin and the dogs. I'll let you know if anything interesting develops.....

3 comments:

Mom2 said...

Will talk to your cervix immediately! Cervix, prepare yourself!!! It is however, a beautiful weekend to stay home and get lots of exercise. Enjoyed your blog.

nikki webb said...

Jeeeez. Give your poor cervix a break. she's been working hard keeping Elise right where she needs to be. She's been working overtime providing a sturdy base to your baby's comfy home...and this is the thanks she gets?

Mine was "irritable" and tortured me throughout my first pregnancy with threats of quitting, but was I rude and ungrateful? NO! Because she could have been "incompetent" causing weeks or months of bedrest. Sooooooo give your cervix a break. She sounds very dependable and is probably always on time...neither awkwardly early nor uncomfortably late.
:)

Ashley said...

As always, a very entertaining post. I love your writing style! Well, no Elise as of yet, but hopefully she'll make an appearance this week! LET'S GO CERVIX, LET'S GO! (of course chanted to the routine football chant)