Saturday, November 21, 2009

Updates, updates

Hey folks. Well, here I am, 6 days post due-date and STILL EFFING PREGNANT.

There is light at the end of the tunnel, however, because tomorrow night I check into the hospital to start the induction process. Yayyyyy! It's obvious that this baby is not coming out unless we flush her out like we're on a quail hunt or something. Actually I have known this for a while - I feel validated that the doctors now realize it too...

Sooo anyway, we go in tomorrow night, at which time they'll give me some meds to get my cervix dilating and then the next morning they start the pitocin. It could be a long haul after that, but we'll see... rest assured that as soon as it's all over and I have pictures of the beeeeby I'll post them right away. We're bringing a laptop, so hey, if things are slow enough, we may even update the blog along the way.

Right now I cannot even explain to you how ready I am to get this process going. The baby is more frequently positioning herself riiiight up against my sciatic nerve on the right, which is excruciating, and my back is killing me on the left side too! My top speed is "slow waddle" and I am just so unbelievably ready to get this show on the road. I think this is nature's way of preparing women for the hardship of childbirth. Look at all this wisdom I'm dropping. Actually I'm just delirious.

So that's the update - not much else to report, because this issue has pretty much taken over my life! Hopefully by the next post there will be more Burgii in the house than ever before. Keep us in your prayers!



4 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Following in little Turnbull's footsteps! Ah!!!!

I am so glad you are going in. It's great being there the night before. So relaxed and it was so quiet at our L&D floor. Peace before the chaos! You are going to do great, and I can't wait to see the little one very soon!

P.S. Two things: 1) Watch out for when they break your water. Yikes! Gross is what I think. 2) The minute they send that pitocin your way, be ready. Those contractions start pretty soon after!!! It's amazing how fast they start coming...have the epidural in the que :-)

Betsy said...

I hope she's as cute and cuddly as the Tater! Thanks for the great advice - I'm trying to get prepared for grossness all around... if only there were an easier way!

Ashley said...

I can't wait! I hope the labor process goes smoothly - I'll be praying for you guys! And if it does take forever, I'd love to see an update on the blog - I'm sure by then your humor will just be awesome! LOL Elise will be here soon!!

nikki webb said...

Elise has arrived! 7lbs 8oz healthy and beautiful. Betsy did an AMAZING job. woohooo!!