Thursday, March 20, 2008

Thursday, but really Friday

I love Easter! The weather is glorious and we get a long weekend. So what if I have to fast on Good Friday. If Jesus can die on the cross, I can refrain from stuffing my fat face for a day. My thighs are feeling chunky anyway. I was going to spend the weekend with my fam, but they are going to be skiing in Utah so it’s just me, Gavin, and the babies. That’s ok - I’ll dye some Easter eggs, clean, do yard work, catch up on work work, and maybe relax a little.

So Maddie is doing the funniest thing. She has always loved to curl up and sleep on our clothes, clean or dirty, doesn’t matter. Frequently I will dump out the hamper to take clothes to the washer, leave the room for five seconds, and when I come back, Maddie will have climbed on top of the clothes and burrowed down for a nap. I think she likes them because they are soft and smell like us. She also likes to burrow in our suitcases after trips, before we unpack them. Awwww.

Anyway, Gavin keeps his sweatshirts on a low shelf in his closet. Lately he has been coming home to find the sweatshirts out on the floor and a little crumpled. We finally figured out that Maddie has been pulling the sweatshirts off the shelf with her mouth and paws and snuggling up in them while we are at work! How cute is that? Love that girl! I wish I could catch her in the act. Anyway, I just wanted to share that - I promise I have other things in my life besides my dogs. Hope you all have a great Thursday!

3 comments:

Ashley Turnbull said...

Bets, mine want to pile up on ANY blanket or piece of furniture. They also want to destroy their beds (EVERYDAY). I just want them to lay quietly on the carpet. Is that too much to ask?

PS. Really jealous that you're off. Why oh why am I not working for a state or federal agency!!

Betsy said...

Hey Ash - actually I work for a private firm! Not sure why they are being so cool, but I'm DEF not going to ask any questions. Have a great Easter!!

nikki webb said...

Your whole family will NOT be skiing in Utah. feel free to come visit us. We'll be crashing Uncle Greg&Aunt Margaret's house on Sun Evening, as they are the only family not ditching us for ski slopes that weekend. Happy Easter!