Sunday, March 23, 2008

Easter!

I hope everyone had a very happy and fun Easter weekend! I sure did. Gavin is finishing up a trial tomorrow, so he had to work on Friday and Saturday. While he was doing that, I cleaned my house, finished up my work, and ran errands, all so we would have Easter completely free to play. We had a great day!
We actually started our Easter fun on Saturday night. Gavin and I realized that we had never dyed Easter eggs together, so we bought some dye, boiled some eggs, and got eggy with it. Here are some pics of that.


Below is the finished product! We used one of those clear wax crayons to decorate the eggs. As you can see, Gavin's egg is Gator blue, and my egg is burnt orange for Auburn. We were baby sitting my friend Mary's chihuahua Taco at the time, so we did a green egg for him, as well as a pink one for Mary, yellow for Sugarbear, and another pink one for Maddie (Meedy).

The weather was glorious so we started out the day by reading the paper and drinking our coffee out on the deck. I also discovered that the Easter Bunny brought me some chocolate!! Yay Easter Bunny! After that we took the dogs to the greenway.

Below is a pic of Maddie in the car. She likes to bark very loud in the car, so she has to wear a muzzle on the short trip over. It's sad and she looks like Hannibal Lecter, but if you have ever been in the car with her, you'd understand my plight.
Below you can see Maddie practicing her new jumping skills on the fence by the parking lot! Go Maddie! Girlfriend caught some serious air.

After the greenway, we joined some friends at Po Boy's for some fun, food, and fellowship on the big deck. I am mostly posting these pics to prove that Gavin and I actually do have friends and don't just hang out with the fur exclusively! Here is a pic of Gavin, me, and Taco.
Fish and Erin....
Mike, Lori, and Alan....

Mary and Taco.....Taco!!!
After Po Boy's, Gavin and I came home and had a quiet afternoon. I read on the couch, and then baked up some Strawberry Shortcake! Gavin doesn't like many types of sweets, but he loves Strawberry Shortcake. I used to make it for him fairly often, but then once we both started working so much I kind of got out of the habit. I wanted to do something special for him though, so here is what I came up with. Like all my attempts at baking, the result is a little ugly, but the whole thing tasted pretty good. Not bad!


So that about wraps it up! I hope everyone had as great a weekend as I did and is all rested for the week ahead. Happy Easter!!

3 comments:

nikki webb said...

It looks like you had a glorious Easter Sunday. My my my what a busy day. With all that time to run around with the dogs you couldn't squeeze in a short trip to CHURCH? Yikes, I hope Dad doesn't log in here. Even on the ski trip they found a mountainside service to go to. tsk tsk tsk...

Betsy said...

Dad already busted me last night on the phone. I'm a bad person; I get it! There isn't a good excuse. Catholic guilt: alive and well in Tallahassee, Florida.

meg said...

betsy, jesus knows whats in your heart...despite what nikki and jack have to say :)

looks like your easter weather was a lot warmer than ours!