Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I Emerge.

Ok, I know I haven't blogged in two weeks, and you are all clamoring for the return of my pithy wit. I won't go into detail, but the fact is that the past two weeks have been trying ones for me and blogging has been the last thing on my mind. I am emerging from my self-imposed seclusion, however, and I live to blog another day.

Ahem. We finished the floors in our living room! They look great and it only took 3 days. With the new paint and new floors, the room looks so much bigger and brighter. I'll have to post some pics when I get around to snapping them.

So get this. I have decided that I love the show Scrubs. I've been watching it for years but only recently have appreciated its quirkiness. I love the janitor, the blonde neurotic female doctor character, Dr. Cox's crazy ex-wife, and the eternal bro-mance between Turk and J.D. One thing I can't stand is the J.D. character. He is over-the-top goofy and annoying (although I do like his Floating Head Doctor daydreams).

Speaking of pet peeves, here is but a short list of mine. I feel like venting.

1) When people say "same difference" when two objects or situations are practically identical. "Same difference" is an oxymoron, ass.

2) When people say "apropos" or get even friskier and say "apropos nothing." What the h*ll does this even mean? I don't appreciate having to google words and phrases just to follow a conversation, so cut that out right now. Terrible.

3) When I'm at the gym, and it's not crowded, so I've chosen a nice isolated elliptical machine where I can sweat and stretch out and rap along to my ipod in complete isolation like a person as white as me should, and someone walks by rows of empty ellipticals just to hop on the one right next to me. WTF. Really? Not okay!

4) The stinky lady at the gym. See number 3.

5) Morning news shows that consist of 90% commercials, 5% cooking demonstrations, 2% news and 3% rushed interviews where people don't get to complete their sentences before cutting to commercials. Really? Are the lingering 5-second shots of the Manhattan skyline at every commercial break really that important that you can't let your guest answer the question you just asked? Rude-ass!

6) When people say "woulda, shoulda, coulda..." Shut the h*ll up-a. Stupid-ass.

7) Hardees commercials. No one likes your burgers. You're not going to sell any. Quit killing my brain cells with your black-and-white artsy shat depicting construction workers fawning over your 100% Angus gruel and then taking huge disgusting bites without a napkin in sight. We all have our strengths - bake your damn biscuits and call it a day.

Ok, well I feel better already - wow! Good to be back - ta!

3 comments:

lindseykennedy said...

Well Bets, I'm sorry you've had a hard few weeks, but that pet peeve list is hilarious! I do love reading your blog!

nikki webb said...

YAY! A pet peeves post! Love these. May I add my tops?

1. the sound of other people chewing. I know we all have to deal with hearing ourselves chew, but is it necessary to chew so loudly that I have to hear others as well?
2. "Super"Centers. We all have to shop at these monstrocities in order to afford bread, milk, and eggs. Is it too much to ask that they have at least half of the aisles and aisles of check-out counters so we don't all have to wait in line forEVER?!

Cara said...

I feel you on the Hardee's comercials. The only other one I hate just as much would be all of the Sonic commercials. Take Care. I miss my cousins!