Thursday, July 3, 2008

About that last post...

Yeah....I was in a pretty foul mood yesterday when I blogged that last post. I usually try to keep things light and breezy on this blog but yesterday I just needed to vent about the things that p*ss me off and so that's what I did.

The problem is, sometimes I think that complaining is throwing out negative energy, and that's not fair to everyone else. But then, other times, I appreciate when others vent, because I often agree, and think, "Yeah, right on! Thank you for validating my own feelings!"

In any event, today, since I'm feeling more like myself, I decided to blog about the things I like instead of the things I hate, to maintain the karmic balance.

1) Receiving flowers. This is one of my all-time favorites!!

2) Hugs - bring it in for the real thing and don't expect me to do the "back pat" and let go first.

3) Perfume and cologne. ahhhhhh I love it when someone passes by me wearing a great scent. It perks me up and makes me happier, kind of like an olfactory high-five.

4) Lottery scratch-off tickets. I don't play that often, and I don't always win the scratchies, but that split second of "what if" before you start scratchin' is worth the $1 or $2 to me. I've won enough times to validate the hopeful split-second. And it goes to education (supposedly), so all in good fun.

5) Chocolate chip cookies (in any form - including but not limited to cookie cake, cookie bars, and blondies). Nothing in the dessert world tops these things, folks. Nothing.

Well I could list more, but off I must go to bring home the bacon. I hope everyone has a great 4th of July weekend!!! I'll be in touch.... ta!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Speaking of lottery tickets, did you see this article today: http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/07/lottery.tickets/index.html

Glad you're back!

Betsy said...

I actually have read something like that before. The trick is to check www.floridalottery.com to find out which scratchies still have big prizes available, and then only buy those. I agree that it's a ripoff, but even with the big prizes gone, you can win smaller prizes, which are still awesome. I'll take $25, $100, $1000 anyday.

Betsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

On the 4th I was doing my patriotic duty of buying more gas, when the guy at the pump next to mine struck up a conversation with a guy leaving the BP with a stack of scratch off tickets... "hey - you ever win anything with those" to which other guy replied "$10,000" I was like whaaaaaaaaaaat - that was not the answer I expected to hear! other guy then said "I scratched it but my wife spent it" then the magic of scratch off tickets was gone for me...

meg said...

I LOVE BLONDIES!