Saturday, July 12, 2008

Facial Fur

Everyone knows that my baby Maddie is the light of my life. But Maddie has the most peculiar facial fur. Most dogs, like Sugarbear, have normal fur on their faces that reaches a certain length and then stops growing. Not Maddie. She has a beard, mustache, and eyebrows that grow and grow. When I first got her from the shelter, they had grown to frightening lengths. Once, as an experiment, I let her eyebrows grow untouched for a few months, just to see how long they would get. After a few weeks, I swear it looked like she had bangs. When I had to start combing them back and parting them on the side I realized it was time for a trim.

Initially, I would trim Maddie with scissors. When Gavin came into my life, we got an electric trimmer, and he took over grooming duties. I'm not allowed to trim her since that one unfortunate time I cut her snout fur too short (also known as the "needle snout" incident). So basically, I have to wait until he is good and ready to trim her before I see it happen. Anyway, she has been due for a trim for a while, and Gavin finally broke down and trimmed her today. Here are some before and after shots.....

BEFORE:
Note the breadth of the mustache here, and the height of the brows.



AFTER:


Great job Gavin! Can't you tell she feels so much prettier? Before you go, one final pic. Here is what Maddie did when I told her it was time for her post-furcut bath, which she hates..... awwww...


I guess she thinks that if she rolls over and looks cute that I won't bathe her. Awww.

So what else... I leave for Cincinnati on Monday, so I'll let you know what I think of the midwest. I probably won't have time to do anything really fun, like see the Reds play or go to the zoo, but I will have a rental car to review. One weird thing: I keep thinking of the theme song to WKRP in Cincinnati.... I loved that show. Anyhoo - see you soon!

2 comments:

meg said...

i love that girl!

nikki webb said...

Much Better! Us girls always feel better after a little hair removal!