Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Weekend Recap

Well this was a very productive weekend in the Burgess house. Gavin and I painted our entire downstairs this weekend! We just decided we wanted a lighter color, so we went to Lowe’s, picked out a great color, and painted away. It was a labor-intensive job, since it was just the two of us, but we had fun spending time together and at the end we were very satisfied with a job well done.

We also Taco-sat this weekend! That is always fun, because little Taco is hilarious, especially when he interacts with our dogs. He has these little tiny paws and likes to prance around the place like he’s in a marching band. It’s hilarious.


We also learned something about the bark collar. Turns out, that when Taco barks, Maddie gets poofed in the face. We had the dogs penned up upstairs while we painted, so we realized this far too late. To make things worse, Taco was particularly barky on this visit, so poor Maddie kept getting poofed undeservedly all day on Saturday! I finally realized it when I was upstairs changing my clothes after painting and witnessed the poof injustice with my own eyes. Needless to say that I felt TERRIBLE. Poor Maddie had been doing so well, and here this other dog prances by barking and she’s the one who gets poofed in the face for it. SAD!!!! I immediately removed the collar snuggled with Maddie extra that night.


Let’s see... what else. Oh - this weekend Gavin and our pal Alan are going to put in some new flooring in our living room - it’s going to look great with the new floors and the new paint - so exciting! Alan just successfully put down new floors in his whole house, so he knows what he’s doing and we are so appreciative to him for helping us! I’ll probably go shopping while they are doing that.


Finally, check out some of the blogs I have listed on the side of my blog. The "Stuff White People Like" and the "Passive-Aggressive Notes" blogs are pretty entertaining if you’re bored. Ta for now....

1 comment:

Emily Chappell said...

Betsy...where are you? I have been missing you. No posts in two weeks!