Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sex and the City Movie Review!




OMG. BEST MOVIE EVER. Not an exaggeration! I cried 3 times (I thought it was 2 but then my pal Mary who went with me reminded me of another part where I def cried so it was 3) and laughed my a*s off about 50 times. If you haven't surmised, I was very sassified by this movie. Go see it!!! I'll see it again if anyone wants to go - call me!
I saw this movie the night it opened, and let me tell you that the theater was PACKED with drunk, rowdy chicks, hooting at the screen, clapping, cheering, etc. Mary and I were not among them, as we scurried from work to the food court and had no time for pre-show drinky-poos. Alas. Anyway, it was fun to observe my fellow femininity having such a great time, but the person behind me (must have been in high school) who yelled at the screen at inappropriate 5 minute intervals quickly began to chafe my goodwill, and that of my cohorts. After about the third stupid comment, I heard about 150 shhhhh's issue forth all at once. The look on her face was priceless - like she was shocked to find out that she was not funny. I found this moment of humiliation truly hilarious.
We also witnessed a near beat-down on the way into the theater. We had been waiting in the absurdly long line to get into the theater, and we were about midway between the early birds and the late kates. As we began to shuffle in to choose our seats, a rude threesome butted right in front of us. We were definitely annoyed but I don't do confrontation so I didn't say anything. The gals in front of us, however, stood up for us and everyone behind us by telling off the butting threesome. The situation quickly deteriorated into an argument about whose Mama has better manners. Amusing! If I only knew that girl's name, I would give her name specific snaps in a circle.

Oh let's see... what else. Went to a wedding yesterday in Gainesville, Florida. It was so fun! A word about Gainesville. I have lived in FL my whole life (except for college), and have been to all different parts of Florida during the summer months. However, I have always maintained that Gainesville is undoubtedly the hottest place in Florida (weather-wise, of course... the title of "hottest" otherwise would have to go to Key West) year after year. I don't know how those people do it. Anyhoo. The reception was nice and air conditioned, so comfortable was I.
Well, that about recaps the weekend - we didn't get a chance to try the bark collar on Maddie, maybe tonight.... ta for now!

4 comments:

Mary said...

Hey girl! I finally got the chance to check out your blog. (Sorry it took so long.) I am definitely amazed by your ability to multi task --- I mean maintaining a blog with your life, how do you do it?!

I definitely tuned in at the right time though. I just saw the movie Sunday afternoon with Anna and we too were blown out of our minds. Of course we had expectations of greatness but, this went far beyond these expectations. It is definitely a movie I will see more than once (and that says a lot because I rarely go see movies, usually just wait till they are on DVD). ...and I can't wait till its on DVD so that I can add to my collection of SEX IN THE CITY.

I'll be checking in with you more often!
Mary Grace

meg said...

So i opted for skipping your review of the movie because I didn't know if there were any spoilers...

Although, I did hear from ivy while we were watching the movie about the girl who got shushed. And now that I read the whole crazy event, I am laughing hysterically. The bitches were out in force that night! HA!

Betsy said...

Meg - I tried to be very careful not to reveal any plot points because I hate it when people do that to me!! You should post your review - I want to hear your thoughts...

lindseykennedy said...

Oh Bets, I saw the movie with Meg and Ivy and loved it as well! I cried too and I am NOT a movie crier. It was so good. I think, like Meg, that every adult female that sees the movie will be buying it. Good times for sure.