Sunday, June 8, 2008

Big Brown? More like Let Down.


So who saw Big Brown blow it in the Belmont Stakes this weekend? I was personally pretty bummed out for B.B. Brown was my maiden name, after all, and I like to see a family member succeed. We also have the same initials and similar hair color, so I felt a certain kinship with this horse and was disappointed to see him come in DEAD A*S LAST. It's so interesting to me that no horse has won the triple crown in my lifetime. It seems like these horses just get exhausted in that last (and longest) race and can't close the deal. Oh well. After it was over I got out and did some yardwork, so the day wasn't a total loss.

Also, this weekend our dear pals Adam and Vica and their Boxer doggy Roger came to visit from Hotlanta! They actually didn't come into town just to visit us, but they stayed with us, so that was fun. Gavin and I got to Roger-sit a little bit while they went to a children's birthday party and it was fun watching Maddie and Sugs interact with a male dog of normal size. A and V also introduced us to a whole new world of late-night Japanese obstacle course shows, where basically you just watch Japanese people bust a*s one after another on styrofoam, polyurethane padding, and water. We had a great time visiting - thanks for coming to town, guys! This is their little family:


Let's see - this week. Well, tomorrow I get to spend the whole day outside in the blazing heat for work, so that will be good. This location also has limited restroom availability, so that's another plus. Then I head straight from the desert down to Tampa (also for work) - another rental car - yay! This week is starting off with a bang for sure. After that it calms down, I think.

Friends, I'm cooking up a blog post about the election. As I'm sure you're not surprised, I have some opinions about the subject. I think I know who is going to win, but I choose not to disclose my prediction until I gather up all my information to support it. I may end up changing my mind, but I think I have my finger on the pulse of the American people for this one. In the past I have had pretty good instincts about how people will vote at the end of the day. Yes, I supported Ron Paul, but if you will recall, I also explained to you all that I knew all along he wasn't going to win anything and how that wasn't the point. So I hope that doesn't damage my credibility. Have I ever led you astray? Stay tuned...


2 comments:

nikki webb said...

I couldn't watch the Belmont after the tragedy at the Kentucky Derby. Too afraid I'd see another horse injured/put down. How sad.

Speaking of the election...I'm working on that "Typical White Person" tshirt for you...hee hee hee

Anonymous said...

I'll not tell Taco that you indirectly referred to him as abnormally small. I would hate for the two of you to spend the weekend together in a long, awkward silence. Plus the intermittent anger-shaking, and wide-eyed reproachful glances, of course.