Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Time marches on

Last month I turned 28. No big deal. I'm not whining because I'm 28, but it finally hit me that I am getting perilously close to the age of decrepitude: 30. I kid, of course, we all know 30 is still young and spry. However, it is a milestone of sorts. Anyhoo, a friend of mine refers to our age group as being in our "twirties." I always appreciate a cute buzzword, but I am still panicking, thanks for playing.

As I forge ahead, I keep thinking back to those great times of old, my wild and well-spent youth, particularly the time I spent at Auburn. Let's recap the magical enchantment of 1998 through 2002. I was still on the Jack and Ann gravy train, and I drove a beat-up 10 year-old sedan with cow seats and fuzzy dice and one door that was a slightly darker "silver" than the rest of the car. I loved it though, and I think the cow seats made it cool.

My biggest "problem" back then was rolling out of bed at 8:00 to put on jeans and a t-shirt to get to classes by 9, which by the way were just a short walk down the road, and only lasted until maybe 2:00, at which time I had the rest of the day to do whatever I wanted. Holy shat. I cannot even imagine having all that free time now. I mean, sure I had to study and stuff, but that took a couple hours TOPS - and that's only if I had an exam coming up. The rest of my time was spent hanging out with my roomies and the girls downstairs, watching lifetime movies and planning our next outing. Oh those were the days. I still relive them a few times a year when I get together with my pals. Here is a pic of us!












3 comments:

nikki webb said...

Who's the jerk ruining the pic with the finger? Aren't we too old for that? Speaking of which, glad to know you think 30 is "decreptitude". I'll remember not to ask you to fetch my walker or my Depends. Come on! 30 is the new 21!!!!!

meg said...

oh, i love it...

Unknown said...

Comment 1: I can't believe you have put your name first on title of the blog. You must respect my author-i-TIE!

Comment 2: I'm beginning to feel inadequate because of all the Ron Paul talk on this blog.