Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas 2007!!

So the Burgii had a great Christmas this year! We packed up the fur and toddled on over to Pensacola on December 22 and stayed through December 27. The first night we were there, we attended the annual Vince Whibbs Automotive Group Christmas Party. This year, the theme was "Margaritaville." Contrary to what the theme might suggest, and much to my chagrin, there was no open bar. Bar humbug. Ahem... Anyway, I picked up the pieces and we had fun! Nik and I did a little Electric Sliding, as you can see below, and my mom and Uncle Greg won second place in the dance competition. You should have seen those two cut a rug - it was glorious. They totally got robbed. Here are some pics of the party.










We stayed with my parents, and per Ann's decree, my poor baby Maddie had to wear doggy diapers every night to keep her from spitefully urinating on the bed. I am happy to report that there were no unfortunate wee wee incidents the entire week, so the diapers proved unnecessary, although the humiliation probably did my little Alpha Maddie some good. During the day, we took the babies on long walks all through the neighborhood. They had so much fun that it made the poop-scooping well worth the effort.
In accordance with tradition, we had our family Christmas get-together on the day after Christmas. John and Hue couldn't make it this year with their little ones, and we missed them, but I hear they had a great time in Hawaii!! It was so great to see and love on my two-legged babies and to visit with the sibs.
This year, we decided to do something different. All the siblings, spouses, and grandparents participated in a spirited round of "Dirty Santa". It was so much fun. At the end of the day, Liz embraced the "Dirty" and prevailed by stealing the Coach purse from its rightful owner. Dad was such a good sport, pretending he didn't want it anyway. Here are some pics below.



Here I am with Dad and Deda. Dad was kind enough to open his best bottle of Shiraz, which was delicious.

This is Mom/Nonnie giving the grands a talk about the true meaning of Christmas before the Christmas carnage begins.

I love loot!
Today we had to get "back to liiiife, back to re-alityyy" which sucked but whatever. Anyway, we had a wonderful time seeing and visiting with our loved ones and I can't wait until we all get together again soon. To the fam: We love you guys!!!!

4 comments:

nikki webb said...

Love you too!!!!!!!! Miss you already, and I didn't even get to pet my four legged nieces.

meg said...

betsy-
i would like to see a pic of each of your nieces and nephews. and maybe a tidbit on each one...you know like what their favorite color is and how much you love them on a scale of 1-10 :)

Betsy said...

Good idea Meg - how about I just rank them in order of who I love the most and why. Maybe I should do the same with my friends! heheh

lindseykennedy said...

That is the most kids Ive ever seen! Why are there so many? jk, but I had no idea you had that many neices and nephews. Here here on sending their names and a tidbit. Next blog-go!