Monday, December 10, 2007

First Post

So after becoming obsessed with the blogs of others, I decided to start my own glorious blog. The name of the blog is a play on our name, the Burgesses. That is a lot of ssss so a few of our friends shortened us to the Burgii. It's easier to say after happy hour.

I just want to talk about dreams for a minute. Not the kind of dreams you build your life upon, no no. The kind you experience when you pass out at night after watching Sarah Silverman and SouthPark. Why are they so weird? You would think they would make more sense. For example, the other night I had a dream that I went out and purchased a little white fluffy dog and named it Lorenzo. Lorenzo? Really? I don't know anyone by that name, and frankly I don't think it fits the fluffy white dog scenario, either. Maybe it would fit a tan, hairless dog with nice head-fur and a flair for flamenco music, but not my fluffy white dog. Anyway, since that time I have named my ceramic happy hour pigs on my desk Lorenzo and Lorenzo. It's appropriate.

No comments: