Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Update

Friends, I got a new job. It was the craziest thing. I guess the word on the street is that I'm awesome (not really) because I wasn't even looking for a new job, but one day I just got a phone call, next thing I know I'm interviewing, and the next day I'm looking at a job offer I can't sanely turn down.

Seriously, though, I'm really excited about the new opportunity with this great firm. SO that's big news, right? Right! I start on Monday. (If anyone wants to know the firm, email me, because I wouldn't want anyone to google it and land on my blog...)

In the meantime, I had some vacation days to burn, and I have been exhausted for about 2 and a half years, so I'm taking a few Bets Burgess mental health days to prepare for my new challenge. Here's what I've been up to.

1) Discovering smoothies. I was at the gym the other day and decided to fly by the seat of my pants and try a smoothie. I have to tell you, I was surprised to discover the extent of its deliciousness. So since then, I've been driving around town, desperately seeking smoothies, because I feel ashamed going into my gym just for the sole purpose of buying a smoothie. I am pretty sure this is just one of my phases.

2) Getting my hairs and toes did. So I had to get a haircut because I was shaggy and of course I want to make a good impression at my new place of employment. The girl did a good job cutting my hair, but then she got this great idea to curl it in addition to blow drying it. It was poofy... really really poofy, but I let it go, because I didn't have the heart to tell her I was just headed home and not to a Louisiana beauty pageant. When Gavin got home, he definitely laughed in my face.

3) Massage. Nothing like paying a complete stranger to rub up on this. Actually I got a gift certificate as a parting gift from my firm (thanks guys!) so I cashed that puppy in today. They used all this aromatherapy lotion, and now I smell just like a box of junior mints.

4) Drinking alcohol. This is self-explanatory.

5) Watching All My Children. So I distinctly remember being 3 years old and watching AMC with my mom, and seeing Erica Kane on the screen, played by Susan Lucci. Well, the Lucci-Kane is still kickin' and she is a bad ass. Love. that. girl.

Well, I'm about to head out to meet my man and some friends for a drink (see #4). Until next time...

7 comments:

Sherry Tomberlin said...

Congrats on the new job!!! Isn't it crazy how one call can change your life completely. Best of luck and enjoy the rest of your time off. I am jealous.

Ashley said...

Wow! Congrats!!! I will email you....

Unknown said...

I did not laugh in Betsy's face.



I waited until she turned around.



No, really, I didn't do any of that. Thanks for libelling me, babe!

Betsy said...

Whatever! you soooo laughed in my face. I don't blame you at all though, it had to be funny.

nikki webb said...

Don't feel bad, Gavin. You reap what you sow! She did the same thing to me when I was shopping around for wedding hair-dos and came home looking completely ridonculous. As a matter of fact, the "louisiana pageant" line is mine, from that particular day in my "hairstory".
Congrats on the new jobby job!

E. Peterman said...

Congratulations, B-Dawg! That is fantastic news, and you have definitely earned some down time.

Anonymous said...

Interview Tips

*Don’t come to the interview drunk and then proceed to pass out

*Don’t bring your mom, children or pets

*Tell your interviewer how you love to sing opera, then bust out signing acapella

*Don’t tell any racist jokes

*Do not submit an “Impossible is Nothing” type video resume (if you don’t know what we are talking about please Google it…it is quite entertaining)