Sunday, March 8, 2009

Rollin along

Hey all, well, I'm happy to report that things are calming down in my orbit. In addition to working, I've been intermittently observing the headlines. I know things suck pretty bad in just about every possible way, but I would like to note for the record that there is about zero optimism going on in the media. WTF happened with my rock-solid prediction that once Obama took office we'd be enjoying a markedly different positive vibe from the liberal media? What a bunch of Negative Nancies. Terrible.

Here's some good news: these past two weekends have been Tony the Tiger great. As you know, Gavin's Nana and Mom came to town last weekend and we just had a really fun time visiting.

We did not go see the bodies, instead opting to have a nice leisurely lunch, show the girls around town, and visit at home with a couple bottles of wine. Here is a pic of Gavin with his mom and Nana. Awwwwwww.

You may note that my mom-in-law is sporting a mangled paw. That is the result of a quiet evening of oyster shucking gone terribly wrong, necessitating a trip to the ER and an actual general anesthesia operation. I understand it hurt pretty shucking bad.

This weekend my pal Mary came to town and this morning we got up ass-early and went to breakfast with a couple pals. It was fun. Shoutout!

And finally, here is a random pic of two of my favorite chinchillas, Gavin and Maddie, snuggling on the couch....

ooh - Big Love is on - gots to go, check me out later this week. I've been thinking (I know, bad news bears, right?) and I'll be sure to share said thoughts soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Bets,
Daddy and I are spending all that money we saved on your antiquated cell phone and hoopdee on our trip to the Grand Canyon....we leave on Wednesday, and will send you a postcard...Love you, Mom P.S. I'M reading His Dark and Dangerous Ways by Edith Layton, about a C- on the Historical Romance scale, (and I'm an expert)

Ashley said...

Awwww, Meee-ddie! She's so cute!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha - Nonnimus - you rock! Have fun on your trip to the Grand Canyon with your hard saved money! Non, I'm glad you are finally admitting you read romance novels. Your attempt to pass them off as "historical fiction" wasn't workin'.

Oh yeah - Hi Betsy! Thought I would also acknowledge you since this is your blog and all.

Love to all,
Mariamus