Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I LOVE LAS VEGAS


Hey guys! I'm back! OMG, we had such a great time -- out of control. Let me just tell you, the team came to play. I am still so exhausted.

Ok, here's the rundown. We all got there on Thursday at various times. First Meg, then me, then Leah and April. We stayed at the Hard Rock and Thursday night we hung out there and met some colorful characters, played some blackjack, and stayed out until it was literally morning. Friday I hit the strip (alone - everyone else was in the bed) and visited with a college friend who was actually in Vegas the same time as me (weird, but yay). Friday night, after everyone managed to get up and take showers, we had dinner at the Pink Taco and saw Elton John at Caesar's Palace, which was AWESOME, and then we hit some clubs. Saturday night we went to Tao for dinner, then hit more clubs. We later found out that Kevin Federline was at Tao nightclub while we were at the restaurant. We didn't meet him. DAMN.

This is us at Tao before dinner....


This is one of the colorful characters we met at Wasted Space, a club at the Hard Rock, after Elton on Friday night. Motley Crue played at the Hard Rock two of the three nights we were there, so the clientele at the hotel mostly looked like this guy all weekend. Great people watching - I cannot even tell you. He let us touch his mohawk.

So much happened in between that I cannot even begin to tell the story here on my blog. BUT, I will share some quotes with you. Some of the speakers are identified, and some are not, out of respect for the Vegas code... the unidentified speakers could be anyone - a Team Vegas member, or a random we encountered along the way.... I will leave it up to your imagination...

Meg: That old guy with the beard is looking at you.
Me: Yeah. That is one big rugby shirt.

"Can we touch your mohawk?"

“Look, if you’re going to spank me, do it like you mean it. I enjoy a good spanking.”

“I want to get to know you emotionally during my weekend trip to Vegas.”

Me: I just hope Elton doesn’t play Alligator Rock. I just really don't like that song.
Leah: Isn’t it Crocodile Rock?
April: I hope he plays I’m Still Sitting, Orange Brick Road, and Hold me Closer, Tony Danza.

“I will wear a furry bear outfit and feed you honey if it will keep you off drugs.”

“I’m doing my part this weekend to help the economy. Specifically the hashbrown industry.”

Guy in bar, pointing at each of us: “Trouble. Trouble. Trouble. Trouble.”

“Flex your butt muscles.”
“I am.”
(slapping) “Really? I can’t tell.”

“Wild Panda! Go b*tch go!”

“Quick survey: Man or woman?”
“Man. No wait – I think I see cleavage. But it’s hairy cleavage. I’m so confused.”

“Sorry I keep putting my crotch in your face.”

GREAT TIME! Can't wait for the next adventure.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

A quote from me this weekend while you were gallavanting around Vegas:

"Hello, all you blind orphans. Would you like me to read you a story or do some kind of other public service work to help lift your broken spirits? Although I don't know what it's like to be blind, I do understand your feelings of abandonment, as my wife abandoned me this weekend in favor of self-indulgent activities in Las Vegas."

Anonymous said...

Can I touch your MOHAWK??? Was it the CPA, Attorney, Psychologist,or an Alabama grad that asked THAT question? Otherwise, great blog about the trip, but woefully short on particulars...but WHinVstaysINv, right? So happy you are back safely...go TEAM VEGAS, Love, Nonnimus P.S. Maddie's abandonment issues have become Gavin's...Better make him feel the love....

nikki webb said...

Not sure what preceded or followed the "hairy cleavage" or "crotch in face" comments but they both made me say "ew" out loud. I guess that proves I didn't have the nads necessary to make the team. still a tad bitter about it though. I could have given it the old college try....glad you had such a great time! (i guess...)

Emily Chappell said...

I have been waiting for your review of the weekend. I sure do wish you would reconsider adding speakers to your quotes. I have guessed and need to know if I am correct. Glad y'all had a fantastic time! What happened to Holly?

meg said...

I LOVE my (unidentified) quote that made it...I totally forgot I said that. Guess oxygen and red bull induced insomnia takes some of your memory?

Anonymous said...

I heart Elton John!!!! Did he play "Lennie and the Jets?" I am also bitter about not getting an invite, but, like Nikki, I realize there is noooooo way I could have made it through one hour with you pros.

However, if you take a trip to "The Villages" give me a call. I just might be able to hang with ya there. I'm really friendly, you know.

Ashley said...

I too have been waiting for this review! I love the quotes! They are historic! A few of my faves: "Hold me closer, Tony Danza" - totally something I would do, aka, mix up words to songs! And the man v. woman - awesome! You really can't tell in Vegas! LOL

And poor Gavin! I hope he didn't throw himself up against the door like Maddie when you left.

nikki webb said...

Ashley LOL! I can picture Gavin jumping up and down to see out he window until she pulled up. Too Funny!