Monday, April 7, 2008

Weekend Recap

Well this was a fun weekend! On Friday we attended a nice get-together at our friends Mike and Leona’s new condo. We are so excited that they have moved here and bought a place so close to us - yay Mike and Leona! Also, our pal Daniel was in town from central Florida, so on Saturday we hosted a little impromptu smoky barbecue cookout at our humble abode. Gavin smoked the pork all day long and got rave reviews. (Way to go honey!) Maddie provided the entertainment, showing off her newly acquired jumping skills to our guests. Sugarbear showed off her natural good looks. It was a low-key get-together, but fun. I handled cooking the french fries and heating up the dip - go me!

Yesterday I got out my yard tools and got to work while Gavin did some deck maintenance. The warm weather and the rain has really made things grow fast. The neighbors even paid me a few bucks to trim their yard - I smell a side business! I also made my weekly trip to Wal-mart and got us all situated for the week, food-wise.

Anyway, today I’m back to work and trying to get everything done. I have a busy week ahead. On Thursday, Mary and I are headed down to West Palm Beach for work, and then on Saturday I’m headed to Pensacola for my nephew’s annual birthday blowout. I am really looking forward to that!

THEN, looking ahead, on April 22, Gavin and I are leaving for our trip to England, Scotland, and Ireland! More on that later - hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: