Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Fun Fact Wednesday

Well, apparently the new blog thing to do is post an arbitrary number of fun facts about yourself. Some folks are doing 100, some 50. Since Maddie graduated I’m a little short on stuff to blog about so I’ll do 11 and call it a day.

1) I love cereal and eat it every day for breakfast and often for lunch too. I go through about a gallon of milk per week all by myself. My faves are raisin bran, honey nut cheerios, and rice chex.

2) We named our yellow lab mix Sugarbear Burgess because she is so sweet and as a puppy she looked like a fluffy little polar bear cub. Really, the name fits her perfectly.

3) I am a big hugger. I love to hug people. Usually I am pretty good about limiting myself to initiating hugging at the appropriate times and places, but I never reject a hug initiated by someone else. If you ever need a hug, you now know exactly where to go. I don’t even really have to know you, as long as you shower.

4) I like puns. My favorites are the subtle ones you don’t know are coming. If you hang around me enough, get ready for some serious word comedy.

5) I clean my house a lot. Lately I’ve been on a kick where I clean with environmentally friendly stuff like vinegar and baking soda. You would be surprised how well this works. Al Gore would be so proud – too bad he’s a Communist and I don’t care what he thinks.

6) I love to dip my food. I will dip various types of food in condiments that are not necessarily meant for this purpose. My favorite dipping agents are: salad dressing, ketchup, barbecue sauce, marinara sauce, and Dijon mustard. Gavin is not a dipper and frequently accuses me of “inappropriate dipping.” Well guess what, world. If dipping is wrong, I don’t wanna be right.

7) I am extremely frugal, and thank goodness Gavin is too or we'd have probs. I make a detailed family budget (the “Burget” – see #4!) at the beginning of each month, and I love to find ways to save money, like clipping coupons and getting my groceries at Wal-Mart instead of Publix.

8) I love to read and listen to audiobooks. I go to the library all the time! (see #7)

9) I went to Auburn for undergrad and FSU for law school and I LOVE college football. Gavin went to the University of Florida. As you may be aware, Auburn has reigned supremely over UF the past two years in a row, both in very close games. Gavin has informed me that we are no longer allowed to watch that game together because – get this – are you ready? I’m “obnoxious.” Whaaaaa?

10) I am the youngest of six kids. I love my family! I miss them – they live just a couple hours down I-10 in Pensacola but I don’t get to see them nearly often enough. I also have 13 nieces and nephews. We’re Catholic if that wasn’t obvious. My mom and dad are Jack and Ann, and the sibs are, in order of oldest to youngest: John, Bill, Andy, Maria, Nikki, and me.

11) I miss my friends from college – they are hilarious and I love it when we can all get together and reunite. We stay in touch through our own private blog, phone, and email. Love those girls – here’s your shout out!

Ok, that’s enough narcissism for one post – this is fun – if you’ve got a blog, go for it!

3 comments:

lindseykennedy said...

I LOVE number 6!! Thats hilarious. Also, I want to knwo more about these cleaning supplies. I should have added that I am obseesed with cleaing supplies.

Betsy said...

Yes, I too am obsessed with cleaning supplies lately. I also love pine-sol, although I’m not sure if that is environmentally friendly. Really the only ones I am obsessed with at the moment are vinegar and baking soda. Vinegar is so cheap (which I also am) and works really well. It’s also totally safe in the kitchen, which is good, because I like my cleaning supplies to kill germs but not poison me. I like to use it on the George Foreman grill because of this. Baking soda also has some very handy uses and it too is cheap. Here are some websites if you don’t believe me. http://housekeeping.about.com/cs/environment/a/alternateclean.htm and http://www.doityourself.com/stry/vinegarbakingsoda. Confession time: I still use commercial products and I am DEF going to try the magic eraser.

nikki webb said...

the only problem with vinegar is it smells like...well, vinegar. I don't like my kitchen to smell like I've been dying eggs. LOVE the Method cleansers at Target, and the GreenWorks from Clorox. Go Green!